Repro/Sticker: Reprolabels back in the Custom Stickers business!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Delta Star, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Delta Star

Delta Star <b>Reprolabels.com</b> TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Edit....(I didn't read your message right the first time)

Yes, I like that idea. So, basically, if I think it will make me money, don't charge anything.

I can even take it a step further... if it starts to make me money when I thought it wouldn't, go back and refund the original order.

Now we're getting somewhere.

2. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Just brainstorming:

If a set becomes popular enough, or any designers work becomes desired enough, maybe feature some kind of point system towards free stuff?

It works the same way in a way with print on demand stuff, not so much the cheapo's like Cafe Press, but any of the nicer places. You have to pay a setup fee to have your stuff printed up, and it costs you. BUT, (if your product is made public) anybody can cruise by your storefront or what not and can purchase your product without the setup fee's. So that's not that unusual.

It's the making the image/design public vs private that is the real hitch here. If there was a way to set up an account and make it public or private for the designers each, then they would choose to loose the setup fee, but would get some sort of points/considerations towards free products for every set of theirs sold. Or if they just wanted their designs private, even if it means more work on the press side of reprolabels to do a similar/identical custom order down the road, so be it, to keep it fair. If I was Reprolabels I would want that 15 dollars or whatever every time, even if someone else or a dozen someone else's have already made the same design - at least that's how it would be with a POD system.

And the intellectual rights thing is kinda messy here, since a bunch of the designs would be based on Hasbro/Takara designs - but the work for no profit transference of work for no-hire thing might be an issue if some jerk wanted to give Delta/Repro a hard legal time down the road, if they were strictly profiting off the work of others. Definitely going to need some disclaimers and legal mumbo-jumbo to CYA, for sure.

Very interested in how this plays out though, and the idea of having access to this for sure.

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

That definitely seems like a simple and elegant solution...

4. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Assuming the artwork still exists for them, does this mean we might see some of your previous pieces return? I am speaking of custom jobs from previous clients (from other Radicons or requests like my G1 Prime "Kitty Truck" sticker set), or even the Cybertron Armorhide Hot Wheels set?

Being able to figure out what a custom job would cost prior to contacting you (regarding the possibility of commissioning a set) will probably be a big boon to your business. -I had no idea what it'd cost before talking to Dec0y when I was working on my project.

Good luck with this, I'm sure you'll iron out all the details soon enough!