Reprolabels Animated Upgrade sets

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CH@OS!, Jun 9, 2008.

1. CH@OS!

CH@OS! Looking for my next job

I know that the hunt for animated figures has just started but how long do you think it will take for reprolabels.com to come out with some kickass animated upgrade sets?

I've already ordered a bunch of red and purple logos from them to replace the gold and silver ones they have painted on the figures. As well as some rub symbols for lockdown.

Also does anyone have some thoughts on what extra details the upgrade sets should include?

Back to the Shadows
    CH@OS!

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'm getting ready to order some symbols for my 'Bots. I can't really se Upgrades being all that extensive like the movie figs since the figures now don't exactly skimp on the detail. I wouldn't mind seeing some more creative ones, though.

3. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

That would be legendary.

Some of the curly Walther PPK engraving for Megatron's chest would be a right touch.

Bit of a tangerine - how about some MP Starscream decal stickers for TFA SS?

4. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I've ordered some symbols and rubsigns. That should be all I need I think.

5. CH@OS!

As for the missing details

I think the lack of black on bumble bee bugs me the most. Mostly missing from him hands, arms, feet, and head.

Ratchet need some minor fixing the red rim doesn't go all the way around his head, there are some missing black on his legs and feet and the figure could use some red to cover up some of the white spots that show up when in robot mode (mostly in his gut area)

Lockdown, looks great but I think some stickers to make his one arm red instead of black like the cartoon mode would help.

This is what I think needs to be added to make these figures better, but then again I might just be to hung up on the small details, either way the animated figures rock.

Back to the Shadows
    CH@OS!

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That's the problem with a lot of your suggestions. The matte finish on the figs makes stickers look out of place most times.

7. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

8. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I was about to say the same thing. I also expect elite guard faction symbols. Also, depending on how the head is made, they'll probably make a Longarm face for Shockwave.

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Shockwave has a gimmick to give him the Longarm head/face.

10. CH@OS!

Heh I'd get the upgrade set if it came with one of those bumper stickers to put on bumble bee.

Back to the Shadows
    CH@OS!

11. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I'm quoting this, but not really for the bumper sticker.(not that that wouldn't be cool, mind you.)
    The Autobot Logo in this pic is very much the same one that is used throughout the series for all the Autobots. It is not a rigid accurate depiction of the logo, and I like it. I believe the Decepticons' faction logo has also been "dumbed down" for the cartoon, and it would be neat to see a set of these simplified faction stickers, and rub symbols that use the same design. Also, maybe some "SUMDAC SYSTEMS" stickers to put on the Dinobots.

12. Feral Magnus

Feral Magnus Well-Known Member

An upgrade kit would have to be prime's trailer, not a g1 trailer but the rest of his fire engine body. i hate how weird he looks during some of the screens where he is just in cab form. It looks like the artist is confused on how he should look when just in a cab. To me it looks like prime switches between animated voyager prime and animated battle begins prime. Anyone else see the difference?

13. CH@OS!

Yeah prime's truck mode does seem to change a little from time to time when just in cab mode. I guess it all depends on what model sheet the animator is working off of when he draws it. That or it's something that happens when it's animated over seas.

as for the dumbed down faction logos I woun't be up for that. I think it would just make the figures look sloppy looking. but SUMDAC SYSTEMS stickers sound kind of neat.

Back to the Shadows
    CH@OS!

14. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    They put Mouthplates on the figures and they chould by removeble to get out with.

15. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if i want to re- label all the factions with reprolabels for all the toys currently out at retail, how many sheets of each would i need to order. i know each sheet has multiple sizes but i dont know the scale and what sizes are best for what characters. Also, why the rubsigns on lockdown? does he have them in the show? i dont remember. also is the symbol on white the best one to get?

thanks

16. CH@OS!

Hey T16skyhopp

I ordered the reprolabels multiple sizes sets of AUTOBOT SYMBOLS (WHITE) & DECEPTICON SYMBOLS (WHITE), because on the show all the logos seem to have white around them, and yes lockdown has a rubsign on his chest.

I already got my reprolabels in the mail and changed the logos on the figures I have I'll try and snap some pics later today to show you how they look.

Back to the Shadows
    CH@OS!

17. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks!

was one sheet of each enough?

ive got all the toys that are out minus the two pack, plus Voyager OP, and blitz and SW are on the way.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Neat.

I'm going with Silver backed stickers myself. A nice compromise, IMO.

19. Bumblebee78

Bumblebee78 Well-Known Member

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I don't see them doing animated sets. they never touched A/E/C even though there was quite a bit of stuff they could do. I made suggestions, they said they were great, they were never used. hell, there's even lots of potential with beast wars for sticker sets, and they never touched that line either.