reprolabels and maps

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Deceptigtar, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I am finally getting around to doing some stickers I got from them, and I am looking at the animated lockdown set and cant for the life of me figure out where some of this shit goes. they dont do a very good job at mapping out where everything goes unless i am missing something?

anyone else have issues? ive looked at even other figures sets and they dont show where anything goes.

2. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I always have to work it out. Metroplex was a bummer trying to figure out.

3. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    I've probably bought about 100 sets from them over the years and have never had a problem. Ask Delta Star, I'm sure he can tell you where it goes.

4. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's true: when applying Reprolabels it can take a bit of trouble working out where the labels have to go. Often I have to research other sources on internet to find out which way labels go and where they have to go (and even then I sometimes find a label I placed the wrong way round).
    I hate to say it, but the only thing Reprolabels could really improve on is having higher resolution pictures of the figures and the sticker positions on them.

5. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    it's not rocket science guys. the maps are posted on their website.

use it. :) 

6. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Especially the maps for G1 combiners are often a pain, like Bruticus and Computron.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Asides from not showing clearly which way is up for a sticker, sometimes the sheets have been revised since the map was made, making it extra hard to see where a sticker goes. (Scans of) the original instructions are often of little use, because Reprolabels often change the layout and add extra stickers.
    The maps are especially bad in showing where the faction symbols go: they are hardly ever numbered, end especially when the sizes differ, it's hard to see which symbol goes where (see Bruticus). One sticker I had a lot of trouble with was the Bruticus sticker with the purple faction symbol on the grey background: it's not even numbered! I finally figured out it needs to go on the gestalt chest armor (not even shown on the map).

7. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    umm not all of them, thats why i posted about it. look at a lot of the animated ones and even some g1, it is a pain. i wouldnt have posted about if they were there.

8. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I always use the galleries on Unicron.com, and Seibertron.com as my sticker maps for anything from reprolabels.com. I love their stickers, but their website needs some work and the maps that were shown above are too cluttered to be of any use.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  9. Delta Star

Delta Star <b>Reprolabels.com</b> TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sorry guys - it is a shortcoming of ours. When it comes down to it, the work it would take to redo all the maps exceeds the work it would take to make twenty new sets. We're very behind on honouring requests for new sets, so it's always a matter of priorities.

What we have started to do lately, is actually point out the stickers on custom sets. Prior to the past year, we simply tried to show them in the photograph, but now we take that extra step. For the G1 sets, you can find where most of the stickers go by looking at the instructions at Botchthecrab.com, and you can see where the factory labels go by checking out galleries like the ones here at tfw2005.com.

And even then, if you can't find something in particular, a quick post here or at our facebook group will yield plenty of quick answers.