Reprolabels, and Classic Seekers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SkyQuake, Nov 26, 2007.

1. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

Hello All,

I thought I'd give you my impressions of the stickers sets of Classics Starscream, and Skywarp. Firstly, I'd like to say that as usual these sets are top notch with regard to printing, and cut lines (very exacting cut lines). I did however decide to keep some of the modern paint designs of both Starscream, and Skywarp. This in no way detracted from the added detail that these sets give, plus keeps the good details of the original paint jobs. Just look at the pictures, and you'll see what I mean.

I did have a problem with my flash making some chrome details on the stickers turn out looking black. Also, I modified the Skywarp shoulder stickers. I cut out the red dot with blue circle, and put it above the red in-shoulder detail. I also used the rest of the shoulder sticker on Skywarp's forearms (where before there was just silver paint). There was also a red square sticker that I didn't know what to do with. So, I thought it would look best in his waist. It balanced out the rest of the figure with the bits of red that were in other areas. In jet mode I used the front in-take stickers, and the purple rudder stickers. This added detail provides for a nice, and unified looking Skywarp.

On Starscream, I hated the gold knees, and shoulders that came with the figure. So, these stickers thankfully got rid of that. Once again, on Startscream you can tell more of the chrome in the stickers (as can be seen on his engine-boobs). The stickers in jet mode unify his colorscheme greatly.

One other note: I opted to use smaller Decepticon symbols than came with the set.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ecmagee1984

Ecmagee1984 Big E

Ebay:
    Cool

3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

OK don't get me wrong, but I think they look better without the stickers. The overall look now is kinda cluttered, "too busy".

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree with razorclaw. In robot mode a lot of the added details look like they really don't belong there. The knees are the only stickers that work for me on Starscream. I think Skywarp fares better, but the feet stickers really throw off the overall aesthetic.

I like the vehicle modes a lot better though.

Overall I think the figures are detailed enough as is. G1 toys needed stickers because they were so plain otherwise, but these guys don't really have that problem.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Those faction symbols are definitely needed. Right-side up, well done!

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That's pretty cool. I wouldn't do that to my SS, though. The stickers just don't fit with the molds, IMO. I'm surprised the faction stickers weren't bigger.

Don't count your victories so soon.;)  He went for (semi-) toy-accuracy with the set which called for right-side up stickers. If this had been an attempt to replicate the show model it would have been a different story.:) 

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What he said.

8. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

Petty cool.

9. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

First off, I'd relocate the rubsigns to where they were on the G1 toys, they look really bad on the wings with new faction stickers almost on top of them.

I don't mind the stickers at all, but since the Classics are meant to have cartoon accurate robot modes, they don't really fit, as no such details were present on the show.

10. Razorclaw

The only stickers I would have put on them are faction simbols (and relocate the rubsigns) and the chest rotor-nipples.

11. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I wish they would do Thundercracker for my custom. I just want the stripes mostly.

I've asked, along with others, and it doesn't seem like it will happen :( 

I'll prolly hafta get car pinstripes and do it myself, anyway.

12. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

For me, I like them because they add that extra bit of detail while maintaining a link to the original toy. Previously (without the stickers) the figures seemed to border on plane in certain areas. I was looking for a fusion between G1 Cartoon, and G1 toy, while keeping the the modern paint scheme. I will probably relocate the rub-signs... I wasn't exactly sure what to do with the rubsigns at first....

Still though, I like the way they look, and hope that Reprolabels makes knee, foot and shoulder stickers for the rest of the Seekers..

13. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They look kinda odd since there's so much detail in the mold itself already. As others have said, it makes them look a bit cluttered.

14. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Man, those stripes on Classics SS really throw it off for me. They look to much like a race car or something.

The stickers kinda make it look too G1-ish, and I never liked the stickers because they looked cheap. But whatever floats yer boat

15. Razorclaw

Diaclone Starscream was supposed to be an acrobatics group plane, so I don't mind the stripes. Just google today acrobatics planes and you'll see weirder paint schemes on them.

16. cuters

cuters Diabolist

looks ok but the stickers look better on the henkei seekers