Reprolabels Advice - Clear, White or Silver?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Arcee's_Boy, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Arcee's_Boy

Arcee's_Boy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I finally ordered my TRNS-01 from BBTS and of course she is gonna need a Autobot logo. I went to Reprolabels and was unsure which ones I should get.

So I need some guidance here from those who have ordered from there.

Should I get the Clear, White or Silver backed autobot logos?

Or does it depend on which figure you are putting it on which stickers you should get?

thanks for the help!

2. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It depends. I typically use white backgrounds, since the white contrasts well with the symbol color and usually the figure itself, helping the symbol pop. On certain figures like Warbot Defender, a clear background seems to work better, since the white sticker and yellow chest are both very bright and do not contrast well; using a clear sticker there also gives the impression of an embossed symbol, which is pretty neat (you can see a photo of this if you click my sig).

I've found that the silver-backed Autobot logos tend to make the red look darker than it should be. I've only used silver stickers once or twice, on figures who were predominantly red and matched the red on the sticker.

3. Jedi Kermit

Jedi Kermit Jedi Master

I like the Autobot logos on white background and Decepticon logos on silver background.

4. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Definitely white IMHO, for that figure.

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I used to like silver backed because they were like G1. All my G1 stickers are silver backed, so I liked it for nastagia. Then the newer toys have painted on symbols outlined in white. After getting some encore reissues, I have G1's with white outlines. I love the way it looks. I now prefer the white outline. I don't like the clear at all. Just don't care for how it looks.

6. Arcee's_Boy

Arcee's_Boy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks guys sounds like white it is, I appreciate the advice.