Reprolabel Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hitman84, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Hitman84

Hitman84 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so, I've got a few different items that I feel could possibly benefit from reprolabels, especially some alternators on the way.

I was curious as to how....easy are they to remove? I already know from many reviews and testimonials that they're great quality, my concern, especially if I were to apply them to some of my alts that they damage the original paint etc if I ever decide they need to be removed for whatever reason.

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love reprolabels but i've never tried to remove any.

3. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They may not damage the toy, I don't know from personal experience. However If you put a sticker on say a red toy and some time later remove the sticker the stickered area is likely to be brighter than the non stickered area. That is the nature of things. The area where the sticker is is protected from light and other elements and will be the original color where the surrounding areas will be faded. It isn't so much the sticker damaged the toy as protected a part of it.

4. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

It depends on what you're applying them to.

The only toy that's ever suffered actual damage by my removing Reprolabels was a G1 Chop Shop. While the stickers were easy to remove and reapply, the glue was so sticky that it actually peeled some of the brown paint right off the diecast metal. :eek: 

I would like to emphasize that this is the exception rather than the rule and I've applied Reprolabels to dozens of figures without incident. Just be mindful of what you're putting them on.

5. Hitman84

Hitman84 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thanks for the info guys