reprogramming in beast wars

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by cosmosaurus, Jun 12, 2011.

1. cosmosaurus

cosmosaurus RID is Better Than G1

I really like Beast Wars the cartoon, but one thing that I always hated was the face protoforms could be turned "evil". I don't like to think that a sentient maximal could be that easily turned. anyone like to share their thoughts or explain it better for me? Thanks

2. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Since the protoforms didn't really have a mind of it's own to make a rational choice of being Maximal or Predacon I think that just reprogramming it's internal processor would be enough to change their faction. For example, if I could tap into somebody's brain and then make them like Brussels Sprouts and have an addiction to them. It's similar, in a way.

3. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

Black Arachnia managed to break the reprogramming she suffered.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Remember, they are robots, and protoforms are vulnerable.

5. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    Maybe Tarantulus was just better prepared for that eventuality than Rinox. He may have anticipated needing to do just that while the Axalon crew would have never seen the need. Also under the given conditions and timeframe (ie a couple years in the life of a transformer is a relatively short time) it seems more likely that a jury-rigged application could take hold. At least it does to me.

6. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

They are robots and can always be changed but not all of the preds that came from pods were reprogrammed. Quickstrike I believe didn't get reprogrammed he just simply chose to stay with the predacons when megatron found him and silverbolt.

7. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I don't know. So say that her pred programming shell was never undone, I think that it's possibly that she might've sided with Megatron in Beast Machines after finding out that Jetstorm was actually Silverbolt.

8. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

I had no problems with it. It's quite logical, but I have no need to explain because the people above have already explained why. I thought it made the stasis pod landings more interesting because it turned into a race between the Predacons and Maximals to get there first in order to bolster their ranks.

I found it weird how Quickstrike seemed to be a Pred already, it might have just had to do with his personality though.

9. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    well even amoungst autobots there were war loving ones. so quickstrike joining them, isnt too big a deal.

and the protoform merely houses a spark, its blank. neither maximal or predicon. so it can be programed to go either way.

look at the bots that joined megatron during the cybertron story. they werent of either faction, but joined a side based on who they were. like metroplex wouldnt find joining megatron appealing at all.

10. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IIRC, Inferno and Quickstrike weren't reprogrammed. Quickstrike joined whatever side let him "kick keisters", and Inferno was batshit insane. So really, Blackarachnia was the only one who got reprogrammed.

11. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

You're right about Quickstrike. But Inferno was reprogrammed as a pred by Tarantulas.

12. The New Order

The New Order Well-Known Member

Blackarachnia and Inferno got a shell program installed and activated as predacons.
    Silverbolt and Quickstrike activated without a faction, and they became predacons after Megatron talked them into saying "terrorize".
    Rhinox was reprogrammed into a predacon for one episode.
    Rampage was tortured into joining, they didn't show him being reprogrammed into a predacon or faction switching.

13. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, ok. I haven't seen it in a while. Sad because Inferno was one of my favorite BW characters...