Repro MP Prime Stacks

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Batman, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are these Repro 20th anniversary Prime stacks any good? I found them on ebay, they are like $6 with shipping included. Does any one have any pics of them on Prime? Thank you in advance.

[​IMG]

2. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The ones I bought from Ebay look just like those and they're fantastic. I don't know what the ones pictured are made of, but the ones I got are nickel-plated metal. The 'case' mine came in was actually a Game Boy Advance game case and not a spiffy looking one like in that photo. I know there are/were several different people making repro stacks though.

3. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, they're good and heavy! I even want to get another pair for the fading chrome smokestack of my MP-2.

4. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    For six bucks it's totally worth it. However, if you were to say buy a DVD Prime for $50 or so and then plunk down the $14 for the stacks from A3U, then you're only kidding yourself. If you're spending that much you might as well pony up another $20 and get the legit 20th Anni version.

5. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

I got mine from our very own www.agesthreeandup.com Excellent quality, my Hasbro 20th Anny Prime looks amazing with them. (Spencer, if he buys them from you I want a 10% cut :p  )

6. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Except don't all the 20th primes as well as dvd primes have short stacks? This would provide long stacks, similar to the MP's.

7. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Yup. You'd still need to buy the long smokestacks. These smokestacks are perfect for the 20th Anniversary Prime.

The problem with these smokestacks on DVD Prime is that he doesn't have any chrome paint on him. He looks odd with long chrome'd smokestacks and a grey colored grill.

8. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep they are for my 20th anniversary Prime I got clearance at TRU a couple years ago ($40 I think). I have MP-01 but I like to use that one for display and the Hasbro one for playing around with and taking pictures with. I can't wait, he looks weird with the short ones, I have just kept putting off getting new stacks. I got G1 stacks for my reissue Ultra Magnus from A3UP and they are great. I'll be sure to post pics when they get here and let everyone know.

9. pcsguy88

pcsguy88 I'm a Toys R Us kid TFW2005 Supporter

I bought those off Ebay for $6 also. They ar plastic, even though the little box says metal. The metal ones are $14. They look great and almost identical to MP-02. 20th Prime no longer has stack envy with his brother.

10. Mr_K

Mr_K Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeap I got those too, and as pcsguy88 says they are plastic and not metal. However I find them fantastic. I mean really....they are just for looks and they look the part for less than half the cost.