Customs: repro MP-05 trigger?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by weewoo, Nov 1, 2007.

1. weewoo

weewoo Veteran

i finally managed to acquire a megatron, and after transforming it, i pretty much straight away broke the two little loopy clip things where the trigger springs are. it felt like the trigger was supposed to go back further than it was going, and i was hoping that it'd make a clicky sound. im too used to g1 megatron a guess :( 

reading the MP05 thread in feedback, it seems a lot of people have had this problem, so im wondering if anyone could make repro trigger parts out of a material that's less prone to breakage? it seems like there'd be quite a market for it, and what with megatron being such an expensive piece i'm sure i'm not the only one thats extra-disappointed to have it broken :( 

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I understood it that people have been breaking the clips for holding it together in gunform... you're the first to explicitely state you pulled the trigger too hard that I've seen... course I could easily be mistaken.

3. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

I tend to think of myself as pretty careful when transforming my figures.

IMHO Takara used weak plastic for those two tabs (one broke).

4. weewoo

weewoo Veteran

there were no problems with any of the tabs holding it together, nor any of the other issues i've heard of, like leaning to the gun side, and loose/over tight joints in general. i was so careful the shoulder armor didnt even pop off ._.

i wouldnt have tried pulling it harder if the trigger slot didnt extend back enough to make me think it went back further, plus it didnt seem to stop firmly, it sort of just seemed to resist, like just before g1 megatron's mechanism clicks in :( 

5. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

I knew there was a good reason I never ordered the toy. I don't like $100 toys with fragility issues.