Repro Decals opinions?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Junkacon, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Junkacon

Junkacon Scrap Metal

I have some MIB G1 figures with their stickers missing / not applied and i'm thinking of getting some reproduction decals for them. From a collector stand point i'd like some opinions on how you would prefer the figure; with stickers unapplied in it's original state, or new repro stickers put on?

Also are repro decals essentially identical to the G1 originals? I ask these things because i'm very condition oriented and wanna know if this makes any difference to it's desirability and/or value? Thanks!

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That should answer your question about how accurate Reprolabels are. The only ones I have ever found that were even slightly different were the Starsaber ones; the blue was off. Other than that I've never had a problem, and I've used a lot of them.
    Personally, it doesn't matter to me whether a toy has repro stickers applied or not; just be honest if you ever sell them.

3. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

I've only used Repros a few times and I think the quality's great. In my opinion there are minor differences though. I replaced some of the stickers on the G1 Seacons reissues and the Repros appear to have a quasi-sparkly background. They stick much better than the originals and I'm very happy with them but again, I think there are slight differences depending on the sets you purchase.
    Regarding whether or not you're debating whether to apply stickers in the first place, it depends on whether you want to resell your TF's. If you're going to hold onto them, then I'd say use the original stickers as long as the glue is still good. If you're going to sell them at some point though and still want to apply some stickers, I'd use Repros and save the original sheets as I'd imagine the resale value would be higher with original stickers unused.
    Either way, hope you enjoy.

4. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    My only problem with Reprolabels is that I've gotten several sheets that look "pixel-y"(jagged around the edges). Other than that, they do quality work.

I'm starting to prefer Doufaceb's repros. They aren't as sticky, but they look just like the originals.

5. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I love ReproLabels! I've used them at least five times now and just recently restored my G1 Jetfire into a true beauty!
    Once neatly applied, nobody will ever know the difference of original Hasbro, or Repro.

6. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:

I got some Scourge stickers from them that were a fair bit off on the blue.

This was quite some time ago...so they may have changed since.