Reporting

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by MTME, Dec 23, 2011.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi,
    Ok I don't mean to criticize but I have a question as to what constitutes combining a thead.
    i recently reported two threads that were created when there were clearly 8,000 threads about the same topic, in fact in one of them the OP admits there are 8,000 Ironhide threads out there but here's my opinion, then goes on to state it. I'm not sure why his opinion is so important that it gets its own thread. Yet both of my reports the threads are still there.
    So what constitutes having a thread combined with another thread?

Also spamming, I'm sure we've all seen the new guy who created ten threads in 7 hours and his threads are a bit (ok A LOT) out there. I wasn't sure HOW to report it, (I know how to press the hazard button), he isn't really harming anyone, and he's new, but really it's turning into spam and starting a fight in the thread.

So I was wondering...and I know that not every report gets acted on, I do realize that, but I was wondering if there was a way for an admin just to respond to the person creating the report, just to say "hey thank we received we aren't taking action at this time" or "thanks we received your report and appropaite action has been taken"
    It would be nice just to see that we have been recognized for reporting something, because even though the mods and admins are hecka busy us doing the reporting is us trying to help you guys and it would just be nice to responded to so we don't feel...ignored after trying to help you guys.

I'm not trying to be difficult or rude, just having a question then a suggestion.
    Thanks.

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Every reported thread get reviewed. Sometimes we feel action needs to be taken, other times we don't. We don't publicly discuss staff actions most of the time, and, not to come across as rude in anyway, but we don't really have the capacity nor the desire to respond to every reported thread and justify or explain the reasoning behind every decision.

In the case of the movie forums, there is a lot of traffic. There is no way everyone can read every thread, or the backlogs of the literally thousands of threads. The reality is there is going to be multiple threads on a subject. That's not going to change.

On the subject of thread spam, if we feel like someone is spamming the forums, we act. In the case of many reported threads, including some of your recent ones, we did not feel it was an issue of spamming. There will be, on occasion, people that may annoy you. Some people haven't spent several hours a day on the forums like many of us have, and it's all fresh and new. In that case, if you find the threads annoying, simply don't read them or respond to them. What's annoying for one person is fun for another. If rules aren't being broken, then they are participating in discussion, which is what a message board is for. Having to justify this on every occasion for every reported thread is, again, not an option.

If action wasn't taken, it means we feel no action was needed. Thanks for understanding, and continue to report issues you feel need to be addressed. But just because we don't respond doesn't mean we aren't reading them.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  3. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thanks for the response I do appreciate it
    it's just the treads are causing some fights...and name calling, and some people were upset that they got infractions for name calling when they feel the real infractions should have gone to the spammer.
    Granted I am speaking for other people but...oh well
    thanks!!!

also is there a particular mod that we ask about news credits? what qualifies for a news credit?

4. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    The threads are causing fights because people don't know how to avoid threads.

The behavior in some of those threads today was totally unacceptable. I don't care what your opinion of the thread or the OP is. If the thread annoys people, they should move on and not post in it. If it violates rules, it should be reported and they should move on. Thread content does not excuse a lack of self control.

Continuously posting in peoples threads calling them spammers and trolls is against the rules, and will be dealt with accordingly.