reporting posts

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by MTME, Jun 12, 2011.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi,
    I'm one of those who I admit I report bad threads/posts with the report post button when there's spam or multiple threads etc.
    At first after I hit the submit button a little message came on saying that my report was submitted.
    Now I get nothing.
    I realize that not everything I report gets action taken upon it, but lately NOTHING is being done.
    I realize mods are busy and I am in NO WAY calling out the mods I am just concerned that the report post thing isn't working.
    The majority of my reports are when people start thread number 4,000 on the same topic i.e. Another DOTM TV spot!! or when people report really old news as new news i.e.
    Ironhide dies
    or did you know Prime has a trailer in the movie! as there was today. Yet these threads never get closed.

If the reports are going through and the theads aren't being closed for a reason I'm not realizing can you tell me why? Is there a rule that I'm not seeing that it is ok to report old news as new or start thread numner 4,000? Serioulsy, not calling out anyone, just wondering if action isn't to be taken on these theads, why, so that I will not send reports that are technically useless and just bogging you down.

thanks!

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've just looked over your last few reports, and I disagree, every single one has been acted on. We might not always do something, we might not always do what you think needs to be done, but action is being taken.

Please keep reporting the posts. They will not be dealt with instantly (we've all got lives outside of the boards after all), but they'll be looked at and acted on if action needs to be taken.

3. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thank you for your response
    I was actually more concerned that the reporting post button wasn't working because as i said I used to get a "your report was submitted" message and now I get nothing

I did see that some of my recent reports were handled right after I posted this but i was actually referring to longer ago reports

I do know the mods are busy as I put in my original post.

There does seem to be a lot of mods that I'v never heard of, do they all still post? or mod?

4. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    The staff have everything under control, I assure you. And while I'm sure compiling a report of all of our individual actions for your review would be enlightening, I'm not sure the situation warrants it.

But thanks for the concern.