Replica (KO) Transformers Appreciation Thread 2011

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Thundershot, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We see people complain about them all the time, and most of the time, when a thread about one crops up, it derails into ethics, etc.

If you have negativity, keep it out of this thread. This is for the people who want to discuss these toys without having to wade through that crap.

Anything from the G1 replica KO's to the new Classics Air Warriors or Sunstorm.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the new stuff that Hasbro hasn't provided (nor do we know if they'll ever provide) like Sunstorm, the Air Warriors, and now we've got Slipstream, Black Starscream (based on the eHobby one), and solid Rainmakers coming.

2011 is going to be a good year for genuine AND replica Transformers!

2. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the g1 ko, they are the ones hasbro/ takara didnt want to make anyways. I will buy them if hasbro/takara made them. but im glad the ko companies are filling a void for collectors etc. I cant wait for more new releases like fort max, I really want a g1 ko or real reissue of jetfire, black zarack, scorpionok, trypiticon (spelled wrong but you know who it is), and some of the newer rare season 3 or 4 characters like the trainbot, etc. As for fansproject ko, Im mixed about those, since the quality is so different. But a ko of wildrider would be nice indeed. :) 

3. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cant wait to get my 3x air warriors and orange sunstorm in the mail dreamwave seekers ftw

Also so glad i finally own ghost starscream

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Even if I can't afford them it's always cool to see what the third party companies can come up with.

This year I really hope that I can afford the Not-Devastator that is coming out. I've been wanting deluxe sized Classics Constructicons but I can understand why Hasbro might have problems doing something like that. I might be able to get a set of figures I really wanted and perhaps if it sells hard enough that will encourage Hasbro to get back into the more traditional combiners again one day.

Some of the repaints on the Classic seekers mold are kind of tempting as well.

5. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im still hoping for an Action Master Thundercracker, since Hasbro doesn't want to do it.

6. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

KO toys has a pink Classics seeker that's not a million miles away from AM Thundercracker. I have the orange Ramjet. His jet mode reminds me of Universe Jhiaxus.

I love KO's.

The only bad thing about my oversized KO Bruticus is that they didn't make Menasor and Defensor.

The oversized KO Robotmasters are cool too. Wingstun is a deluxe and looks great in both modes with Acid storm whereas Wrecker Hook towers nicely over G1 Prowl.

Also have an oversized desert camo RID Armourhide.

Have a white KO of Predaking. The colour schemes on these KO Preds are better than the originals.

Getting my oversized Octane/Tankor repainted in his proper colours. Got a very large KO of Build King repainted as Energon Micromaster Devestator. It's as big as Energon Omega Supreme.

Did I mention I love KO's?

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I'll keep my thoughts on G1 KOs out of this thread :D 

But I can't argue with the fact that I got a figure almost identical to Henkei Thundercracker in almost every tiny detail for less than £25.

As long as modern KOs are clearly identifiable, why not let them go on about their business?

8. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the G1 KO's. Its better to own one instead of paying big bucks for an original.

9. Goshjosh95

Goshjosh95 Decepticon

News Credits:
    I picked up the recent KO Menasor last month... it's actually pretty decent, aside from horribly-cut stickers (thank God for Reprolabels to the rescue!) and one minorly loose joint.

I also have the iGear mini-MP Prime... he's a good scale to fit in with the rest of my Masterpiece figures display, and MP-04 Prime can have its own shelf with MP-05 Megs.

I also ordered the CHMS Air Warrior, yellow not-Sunstorm, & orange Sunstorm... still waiting on their arrival. I'm definitely repurposing the yellow not-Sunstorm into the yellow Rainmaker. Wish they had a similar bright blue or light blue seeker too, to stand in as the blue Rainmaker. Maybe the upcoming Generations TC can fill that gap (I already have Henkei TC)? I wasn't too interested in picking up the toxic (clear plastic) Rainmakers because I heard their quality of plastic wasn't too good.

10. ElSnarfo

ElSnarfo Registered Slacker

I just ordered Orange Sunstorm and a Air Clone Warrior.. If those are good.. I'll probably get 2 more Clones, yellow Sunstorm and they'll hopefully have more colour variations by then

11. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
  12. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  13. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I thought the other thread was for both types of KOs.

14. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This thread rocks, I dont like seeing all the big colorful biglot stuff on the other thread, this thread is mostly the g1 ko and the newer jets etc. I cant wait for the blitz wing and silver streak to come out. 2011 is going to rock with hopes of fort max maybe?

15. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Has anyone purchased the new CHMS versions of the seekers? I was writing up a review of my experience with the Version 1 Sealed and Loose Thundercrackers and wanted to know if there was a huge difference between these and the CHMS version?

16. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

I'd love to see more of the G1's reissued in some of their Diaclone colors. I mean we finally got a Diaclone Mirage but how great would it be to have the blue or yellow Trailbreaker or some of the others. As long as there was some way to tell them apart from the original Diaclones so not to PO anyone who spent an arm & a leg collecting originals.:mad 

A while back there was talk of a reissue G2 Menasor. I doubt it will ever happen, but how great would that be...kinda like Stunticons meet Skittles.

17. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

This probably belongs in the other thread but...I picked up a set of the oversized G1 Insecticons that are molded in florescent orange and yellow with some chrome...and WOW!!! Aside from a couple of loose joints these things are awesome. They're like a cross between the Insecticons and the Predicons.:D 

18. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This thread is an appreciation thread. The other one had too many potshots at the replicas.

Within the next week, I'm ordering the air warriors and orange Sunstorm.

We should see pics of the solid CHMS Rainmakers in the next few weeks. Hopefully Slipstream too.

19. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Say what is the quality of the Knockoff G1 Metro-Titan, Shockwave, Optimus Prime & Reflectors like ? Does Shockwave still make the same noise the Original did - and did they ever make an original toy with a Purple barrel tip ?

And do the repro G1 Mirage's have any quality issues - I was thinking about getting a red one sometime. - I worry he might be floppy have rusty screws or have a launcher that wants to snap in half.

You know what I'd love to see repro/ fakes of.

Black toys that were hard to get like The Nucleon Quest Super Convoy compatible God Bomber in black colours, or perhaps a Black Sixshot. both exist but are super rare.

I wonder if there's any fun to be had in the idea of a God Ginrai in Diaclone Powered Convoy colours too ?

20. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :useless