Replica/ KO Gurafi & Noisu

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by iDarkDesign, Feb 8, 2012.

1. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    I just got these in the mail. My camera broke so no pics. Will post some in three weeks...

I got three sets.

The packaging:
    They look a bit fuzzy. Not that I really care because they go in storage anyways. The back is upside down so no problem for KO identification.

The insert is the same as the one in the former Dino set. Plastic tray, instructions, decoder, weaponsbaggie, ID card and stickers.

The toys!
    The quality of these is better then their former Dino cassettes. The nubs are better cut and the rivets are better placed. All except one joint are normal. (not too tight, not loose) Just one wing is a bit loose on Gurafi. I've held a real one once and it was a lot looser...

The chrome weapons fit better then the first set did. I haven't stick on the labels yet so I can't comment on that.

Also I got 6 extra clear acrylic cassette cases with my order. This is a very nice touch. Maybe now I have enough for my entire cassette collection.

I love that I now have the four previously almost unobtainable dino cassettes in my collection! I hope that the chinese will see and get us some other japanese excl. replicas.

iDD

2. kek23k

kek23k Iaconhub Staff

Congrats iDark :D  Sounds like a cool haul! I'm patiently waiting for my Diaclone Swoop to arrive, first KO I bought in a long time. In fact first TF I've bought for AGES!!!! Hope you are well old friend :D x

3. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    I need to get back on the (original) Hub again.... Sharkdog keeps me up to date from time to time! haha. The Diaclone Swoop is another one I also have. It's great. Really nice piece and doesn't do under the original. Always great to hear from an old friend. I promise that when I get back from Malaysia I will start popping in the hub again!

iDD

4. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Tracking says my set is still in customs.:( 

5. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Well I finally got my set today. All in all, very nice, tight joints all around besides the neck on Gurafi. Its not loose in dino mode, but when combined the other bot is attached there and puts too much weight to hold in place. It should be fixed fairly easy with a little future polish. I dont plan on displaying them combined anyways because like the other dino cassettes, that mode sucks.

The chrome weapons fit great, and the finish is very nice. The molds are crisp and clean. The instructions and box art look a little fuzzy, but I dont have the originals to compare them too. They do look just as good as the other two KO dino cassettes however. There are also no rubsigns on either.

KO or not, im happy with these guys, if you dont want to fork over the hundreds of dollars needed to obtain the originals, these are a good substitute.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Floppy combined mode.:rolleyes: [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  6. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks for the pics!

7. tfike110

tfike110 G1ToyCollector

Ebay:
    These look great! Mine are at customs right now as well, so i'm hoping to get them in the next week. Can't wait. These will complete my cassettebot collection!

8. kek23k

kek23k Iaconhub Staff

Think I might have to put these on the wishlist! Great to hear from you iDD and you were right about Swoop, he's awesome. I'm gonna be picking up the rest of the dinobots shortly and possibly a few other KO's to replace my aged loose G1's. I'm never in the hub either these days lol but you could hit me up on facebook :D x

9. TFPrime

TFPrime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got mine from Chimchungchung or whatever his name was...got here in about 10 days, got both sets for 100$ and they were great..mostly. The stickers are just godawful on their fitting. I had to cut away part of the C-122 guy so the blue arms could swing all the way out evenly. but he stands really nicely, nice and firm. Everything else about them was great. The back of the box was upside down, and the instructions do look like really bad copies..But, all in all..nice to have these guys to my set.

10. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

taking a look at G1 sets, though, it appears the original tapes had poorly fitting stickers, too. for that reason, I didn't feel bad about being lazy and not cutting mine ;) 

11. ae_productions

ae_productions G1 Fan

I hate to be that guy asking that question but...

WHERE DID YOU FIND THESE?

I have not seen them anywhere!

I always wanted to pick up the originals, but could never spare the organs to scalp.

12. TFPrime

TFPrime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  13. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Soooo tempted to buy these. Always wanted these so bad