Replacement shovel for Exgraver

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by barrelks, Dec 30, 2011.

1. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I know I have seen this answered before I got mine, but I couldn't find anything under "Exgraver" using the search function in the toy forum.

I ordered my Exgraver and Heavy Labor from Taobao and didnt get the new shovel for Exgraver with Heavy Labor. Who do I contact in order to obtain it?

2. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe you would contact TFC (though their e-mail address I don't remember off the top of my head). But if you can, check to see with where you ordered them from if you got the 2nd run Exgraver (that came with the fixed shovel) or if you had the first run. More than likely, if you got the 2nd run Exgraver, yours came with the fixed shovel already on it.

*EDIT*

found their e-mail address on their FB page :) 

tfctoys-sales@hotmail.com

3. barrelks

News Credits:
    Thank you

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you just recently order/receive Exgraver, though?

If so, then it's probably the re-release version, which comes with the fixed shovel already attached.

Wouldn't hurt to have an extra shovel just in case, of course, but just saying.

5. abe_sapien

abe_sapien Well-Known Member

TFC WONT help you with this. I bought Exgraver a few months back. I only wanted him and not the others. I contacted TFC about a replacement shovel and they said they'd send me one when they get them in. However when the time came, they never sent anything. I've emailed back about 3-4 times, but they simply ignore my emails.

6. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Email whoever you bought it from.

7. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    Well that's not reassuring......

8. barrelks

News Credits:
    Not exactly sure when my buddy got them, he was back from China for Christmas and had them over there for a while. I think they may be the second run though. All I know is the shovel is pretty damn tight right now, and I am gonna check out a video review before I go floppin it around

That's too bad. Im gonna give it a go anyhow and see if they reply.

Yea, that is the problem, got it from Taobao from the listing that was advertised on the TFClub website, so I assume it is either them or a trusted seller by them. Also, I don't speak chinese, figuring out the total price on the auction was about as much as I could do. My buddy had to have a local order them for him, cause he doesn't speak/read chinese either.

Not gonna bother him much about trying to track down the replacement since he was nice enough to do this as a favor, and even nicer to give me the first two figures as a Christmas present.

9. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    If it happens to be the first run shovel, there is a link to a video somewhere in the TFC megathread that shows you how to fix it yourself if you feel confident in doing so? Its really a minor fix that I was able to do by just filing/sanding down a part. Not much needed to be done to fix it to be honest.

10. barrelks

News Credits:
    Thanks, I'll check it out. I think I ran into that video a while back, but didn't have my figure at the time, so I wasnt about to invest the time in watching it. I figure I am pretty careful with my Transformers, and the thing will probably only get transformed once when I get them all (probably months down the line), and stay as full Herc from there on out.

11. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    Yeah, I pretty much have the same plans with my Herc figure. The only ones I've really transformed more than 3 times is Exgraver and Structor so far.

12. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have stress marks on my replacement shovel, and I like to think of myself as careful with my toys.

In my view, you should do the sanding fix on Exgraver straight out of the box, whichever version you have!

13. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Sand, or carefully shave the ratchet teeth down a little with a sharp blade. That ratchet really doesn't need to be immensely tight since it's barely involved with the transformation. (and even then that's only if you want to have the shovel tuck into the arm.)

14. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    I would say sanding/filing over shaving. If you're not careful with shaving, you can accidentally cut too much off. At least with sanding/filing, you can gauge it as you go. That's what I did with the original arm and now, its just fine. No stress marks :)