Replacement missiles for TRU reissue Prime/Magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Paladine, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anybody owned both a vintage and TRU reissue Prime/Magnus and could verify that vintage missiles fit in the TRU launchers.

I want to buy ungimped vintage missiles and use them in my TRU reissues. The question is - do the vintage missiles fit? I have a black KO Prime and I tried putting his shorter missiles into the TRU Prime launcher, but they wouldn't fit; they're molded slightly different.

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Good idea, I wish I could help you but I sold my vintage Prime and my CS Prime and Magnus in favor of Japanese reissues.

I did what you are doing with my CS Silverstreak, but what they did with him wasn't elongating the missles. Instead, they made non-firing launchers. I didn't want non-firing launchers, or black missiles and gun. So I bought vintage launchers as well as correctly-colored missiles and a silver rifle. Looks SO much better!

And I'm pondering opening up the launchers and replacing the springs with stronger ones, as the Japanese toys got.

3. HunGrrr

HunGrrr Eamus Catuli!

They do NOT fit.

The reissue missles and launcher are different. The vintage ones are too thick, and lack the new indented ridges of the original. If I had a camera, I'd post pics.

4. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With my reissue figures that had non-firing figures, rather than buying a Takara reissue and spending too much money, I ordered some vintage missiles and launchers from transformerland.com.

5. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They don't fit I'm afraid. But so as to ensure my Magnus didn't look too ridiculous with oversized missiles, I used two vintage launcher/missiles with subtle blu-tack keeping them in!