Replacement Masterpiece Alpha parts?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Sunstorm9119, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    So here's the story, I was changing my Alpha back to jet mode to put back in the box, when its @#@$ hand broke! It snapped at the holes that hold in the peg running thorugh the 4 fingers, so there isn't much hope for repair. The holes themselves are broken.

Is there anywhere out there that makes replacement parts, or am I totally screwed?

2. BetaSword

BetaSword Well-Known Member

Ouch, how unlucky.

Well i hope you'll find help for that.

Breaking parts are never good for a fan.

As for me, my old Powermaster Optimus Prime lost the the Plugs of both of his 2 Black blasters and of one of his turret-like grey ones, but try to find any replacement in germany, it's kinda impossible, as most shops aren't interested in helping a fan to get replacement Parts here.

Btw, Transformers Cybertron finally started @ Feb,the 4th on a Channel. Still not getting used to it, since it aired only 4 times (each Sunday at 08:41), because i've DLded every Sub of GalaxyForce. and each time i see a new Ep, i'm getting the feeling, that some sentences are extraordinary false, even with the translation of already known english words.

For example, the ep, where Vector Prime used the first Force-Chip/Cyber-Key/Cyberschl├╝ssel, before they went out of the base, both primes hat a little talk about the battle, in the German version, Prime said, that they will "fight untill their fire is extinguished", but i think in the english version they used the word Spark, which is in called "Funke" in germany.

3. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    Sunstorm you are a fan of Robotech? Im a fan of macross. Pure macross and Pure Mospeada.

Anyway I think you are SOL. the toynami toys are pieces of crap. granted there is no alternative. but quality is horrible. Yamato is slighty better with better and more orignal transformation.

Anyway back to your problem. I doubt George Sohn (owner of toynami) will bother but you can try to email for a replacement part.

edit:

actually it appears I have spoke too soon. (Im a big fan of macross and a member of macross world) anyway our hopes of a decent mospeada toy were near hopeless as Harmony Gold is stingy with their grip on Robotech.

However the is hope. http://wildcats.pupui.jp/mt/archives/2007/02/cms.html

CMs, the makers of the CMs gaogaigar and CMs patlabor is making a Legioss and Tread combo. AKA alpha and beta.

so I suggest you sell that POS mpc garbage and save up for this.

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Awesome. Hope the quality control for this thing is better than Toynami's Alpha. It looks a bit more round and not as bulky but it looks alright.

5. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Wow, didn't know anyone else was doing a Legioss. I missed the MP release, so I'll definitely try to pick this one up.

6. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

I got the GGG from CM, and really hope that the Mospeada toys are higher quality as him. I have a bunch of higher end bots, and the quality of the CM GGG just isn't up to par with other manufacturers.

7. freezowave

As far as replacement parts go I would try and email Toynami, and if that doesn't work try Macrossworld.com and see if anyone has a junker that has the necesary part in tact.

Good luck.

8. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

The QC on those "masterpiece" toys are horrible. I have one and I keep it in its box out of feer of breaking it.

9. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I have God Raijinoh from CM's and basically, Raijinoh was awesome while Bakuryu pulled the set down. I hope its not gonna be like that with this.

10. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think this is your best bet. Toynami does send out replacement parts from what I've heard.

11. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:

are you serious? Granted other companies may be better than CMs BUT we are talking about a Toynami product. TF bootlegs are made of sterner stuff. CMs is definately an improvement when compared to the quality of garbage that toynami has pumped out for its Macross and Mosepeada lines.

12. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I thought my VF-1J Max version was quite good quality. Thats why I bought the Alpha just to be disappointed.

13. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    you are joking right? compared to the Bandai reissues and the Yamato releases? MPC are garbage. but hey if you enjoy it all the best to you.

14. freezowave

Trust me I wasn NOT comparing CM to Toynami. I was compairing them with Bandai, Aoshima, Max Factory, and other higher end robot companies.

In fact I sold my Toynami Alpha because I wasn't quite happy with it, and would rather use the money towards a Gakken one. The Toynami wasn't terrible, but it wasn't a "masterpiece" either. Likewise the Gokin GGG from CM was nice, but also really flawed IMO. I would just hope their entry into Mospeada would be better than it was for the Gokins.

But, hey, none of this has anything to do with the point of the thread.

Good luck with the part. At least Toynami is a domestic company, making it infinately easier to get a customer service response.

15. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Umm. I agree. When you compare the Toynami's Veritechs to Yamato's Valkyries there is something definitely lacking but I mean that my VF1J was free of problems. There was not a single quality controll problem on it. And thats what we were talking about in this thread wasnt it?