Replacement Laptop Battery

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ambushbug74, Jan 15, 2008.

1. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Hey all, I have a pretty old Dell Latitude laptop and it works ok but the battery will not hold a charge. I have looked around and Dell's site offers replacement batteries for 150 bucks, but the computer isn't really worth that to spend all that cash on. I did a Google search and found some sites that sell batteries for as low as $50 but not sure how they are. Has anyone dealt with batteries that were not made by the original manufacturer? And if so how reliable are they? Don't wanna explode or set fire to the house. Also, since I have never had to order from any of these sites I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good site that they have used and trusted. Thanks in advance!

2. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

Aftermarket batteries usually function just fine and are safe. I've sold many. Just don't expect the same kind of life the original had in a lot of cases. Sometimes though you get lucky and the aftermarket battery is better than the original.

3. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Do you know of good places to get them?

4. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    For my ancient 1-ton HP laptop I picked up a new generic battery off eBay. It's been working fine for that last ~2 years.

5. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    Sorry.. I don't know where to find a reliable battery.. been too long..

But i still have some advice :) 

just keep in mind that when you find that aftermarket battery, try to do some research on that battery and see how it's performed for others... because aftermarkets are hit n miss.. sometimes you get a dud.

some places allow exchanges. so make sure you research for that too..