Replace 20th MP OP with TRU MP-10?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by optics, Aug 4, 2012.

1. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have the Takara MP-10 and I do want to get the TRU MP-10 coming out, but I was just wondering if it'd be best to just sell my 20th Anniversary MP Optimus Prime (The battle damaged one). 20th doesn't really go with any of my current TFs. The only other MP I have now is MP-08 Grimlock. I think I remember some saying how MP-10 is not as great as the MP-01/20th mold.

2. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Keep it. You may regret it later on, if you sell it. This is a biased opinion because I have 3 of this mould :p  I'll be getting Hasbro's MP Prime too, but it aint replacin MP-1.

3. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

I was checking out the pic comparisons on TFormers between MP-1 and MP-10. I for one, am always interested in getting a more complete looking MP figure, but after checking out the comparisons between the two I don't think I am missing anything besides of course a trailer and a few tweaks to the figure that make Prime look a bit leaner in the MP-10 version.

I was almost disappointed because I really enjoy the head sculpt and a few details that the MP-1 figure did not have, but at the same time they removed other details that could have easily been kept with the MP-10 version.

Of course, it might be all a matter of preference when you compare the two.

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i own the black gun 20th anniversary prime, and i plan on getting hasbro's mp-10

even though mp-10 is superior in every way, shape, and form, i will never sell my 20th prime, its why i am into transformers today, its my favorite childhood transformer

5. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

MP-1 is a monument in Transformers toy history. No denying that. The figure is massive and very impressive. It's also quite heavy (which is part of the impressive part) but it also results in making the figure not as poseable as the many joint would suggest. The altmode also is unbelievable: a folded-up robotbox on wheels. And as you said, he complete doesn't fit within the collection.

Now MP-10 on the other hand, while not as an impressive sight as MP-1, is a very fun figure. Easy to pose and handle, the altmode is amazing and he fits very easily in a collection. Desigh wise, he's so beyond MP-1. Looks...you have to decide for yourself when you see him in person, but I think he looks better (with one exceptionL I dislike his short lower legs).

A worthwhile purchase, even if you buy the Takara version.

BUT, should you sell your 20th MP-1?

I did. I sold both my Takara MP-1 and my 20th Prime. (Still have the DVD version to use as kitbash fodder.) However, I kept my MP-2 Magnus because I always liked that one better and I really do want to keep a version of the mold in my collection. Despite all it's shortcomings, it is still a monumental figure.

6. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have the black gun one as well. I bought mine form Software Etc (Gamestop now) a few weeks before they started showing up at retail stores.

7. Slip►Stream

Slip►Stream Seeker Clone

News Credits:
    I gave away my 20th anniversary Prime (black gun, damaged deco) as gift when I purchased my Takara MP-10. No regrets at all.

8. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I have the Takara MP-1 first release, and plan to sell it to pay for MP-10, mainly due to improved vehicle mode. (if anyone wants it, PM me---mint with mint box, though not MISB)

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I have both, and they each have their merits :) 

10. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do plan on getting the Hasbro MP-10. I'm still deciding whether or not to sell my 20th anniversary "DVD edition" Masterpiece Optimus.