Repairing Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Soca Taliban, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Soca Taliban

Soca Taliban Well-Known Member

What type of earthly material(s) do transformers use to help repair themselves that would lend itself to transforming. Did Megatron use cybertronian parts to repair his arm? In TFTM, they said the metal had regenerative capabilities, so did Bumblebee just let his leg "grow" back after the first movie?

2. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good question, but I don't really know.

3. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I'm guessing they're able to use regular earth metals. They have the abilities to turn themselves into all kinds of materials, like metals, plastics, fabrics, etc, when they scan things, so I bet they can graft parts on...

4. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    I see no reason to assume the base metals they had available on Cybertron are any different than the base metals available on Earth. Atoms are atoms are atoms. If they're made of alien materials, they're alloys.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Cybertronian medicine is probably a lot like human medicine, only more advanced and they're likely able to graft a lot more material from "synthetic" sources than human flesh allows for.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Self-regenerating armour wouldn't grow back limbs, only heal minor flesh wounds and help with reformatting. When Bumblebee lost his legs Ratchet was most likely able to re-attach them, similar to how Starscream put his popped-off arm back on except more time consuming since they were broken up. Megatron had no access to proper medical care (at least on the scale needed) and had to use whatever he could find to make a new arm.

7. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    they use chewinggum, like mc guyver ^^

8. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

I expect ratchet attached BB's legs back on ?

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    No.

Ratchet can't fix anything for slag. More likely Bumblebee just popped the leg back on the ball joint.

10. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

bumblebee come goldbug

11. Hoptimus

Hoptimus How I roll.

Super glue trick, I'll bet.

I think they would use Earth materials, with a bit of "Cybertronian alchemy" to change the properties of those materials.

12. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Transformers use awhole lot of duck tape nd chewing gum to repair themselves.
    They put chewing gum where its needed nd then duck tape it

13. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Bumblebee's legs were a relatively easy fix job; look under the truck as he crawls away from it. His legs are still there in relatively one piece, so it would be easy for Ratchet to re attache them.

Megatron, yeah he used whatever he could find. Which is probably why there's a random communication truck at his hobo base, in case he needed more spare parts.

14. sideswipe88

sideswipe88 Stig's Asian Cousin

News Credits:
    I always had this crazy idea that they'd re-scan their alt modes :p  of course it would be hard to find the original thing.

15. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

That's actually not too far off base, especially since Bee has a slightly different Camaro mode each film.

In fact by DOTM the only returning Autobot that hasen't slightly altered their alt mode in some way is Ironhide.

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Considering Scorponok's tail was still alive after it was cut off I'd assume Bumblebee just put his severed legs up against his stumps and his regeneration ability reconnected and repaired them.
    As for spare parts and materials, I guess they'd just absorb other materials and convert them to be compatible. Same way they replenish ammunition.
    Time would be the main deciding factor though. If an injury is too critial and self-repairs systems can't work fast enough to sustain life before full restoration then a dedicated medic like Ratchet would step in to help things along.

17. Rodihide

Rodihide Batmobile Autobot

so does that me ironhide lives

18. Tronis

Tronis Well-Known Member

somehow i dont think he will be able to regenerate from rusting and falling to bits... so sadly no... :(  :cry 

19. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

the bigger question should be; how come they use the matrix to bring back to life Sentinal, Optimus, and other plot important characters... but characters like JAZZ who could of easily been glued back together, or repaired some how, then brought back to life! stay dead?

optimus prime has the cure to robot death. yet he seems to be very PICKY on who he chooses to bring back to life...

head broken? just repair it! spark chamber is all you need right? to bring them back. well i am pretty sure Jazz's spark chamber is just fine! with that said. how the hell did jazz die from that? sure he was ripped in half... but so technically was bumblebee when he lost his legs lol.

i think the matrix plot device wasn't really well thought through. and now it just makes Optimus look like a jerk, who really doesn't like some autobots, like Jazz, Que, and other dead bots. BUT sentinel, is just fine! :lol  oh and himself of course!

20. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Unlikely. It would be like trying to resuscitate a patient who had just gone into cardiac arrest, compared to one who had already been cremated. There just wasn't anything intact or alive left to fix in Ironhide's case.