Repairing toys: Need glue advice

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by GogDog, Oct 1, 2007.

1. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    It was nice out today, so I figured I'd cut off the AC for the day and open some windows. When I got back home, a gust of wind knocked over a bunch of toys.

One Revoltech snapped a post for a hand, and another toy snapped a post for a small accessory piece. What is the best glue for attempting to reattach the posts?

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Quick drying super-glue works for me. The "Original Super Glue" Walmart brand is good.

3. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Rubber cement is what I use.

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

If you want the strongest thing you can get, go with epoxy. If you go to the glue section, it's the stuff that comes in a dual plunger-style syringe. Essentially, you push the plunger, the two compounds come out, and you mix them together with the included stir-stick. Then you have a few minutes before they become rock-hard.

It can be a little gloppy and messy to work with (and you definitely DON'T want to get it on your hands or anything else) but it's stronger than standard superglue when it dries.

Good luck!

5. defstar

defstar Autobot...

The stuff I use works just as you described...it's called "plastic fusion" and I get mine at home depot on one of the end caps near the paint...the best plastic glue I have ever used...

6. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Loctite Super Attak - I always use that.

7. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

When I broke the peg on the umbilical cable of the Eva 01 RV, I got a screw, took of the top(the part with the - or + on it), "dug" a slot where the broken post was, super glued the screw in there, got plastic cement to cover up what was left of the open slot, then painted over