Repairing G1 Optimus Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SMS55, Jan 1, 2010.

1. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever had to tighten one of the joints on the arm that raises the rocket launcher? It's not an allen wrench as it is round. Has anyone ever tighten it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

[​IMG]

2. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    They're rivets. Basically the only way you're gonna be able to tighten it is with the super glue method. Put a dot of super glue along where the joint actually is and keep moving it till the super glue sets. If you keep moving it, the parts won't glue together, but will tighten instead.

3. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Thanks! Can I use Krazy Glue or must it be Super Glue? Should I use something like a toothpick to get it in there better, or it will just fall right into the joint? Sorry for the noob questions, but I have never done this. The most I've done is tighten loose screws on my Transformers.

4. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I would suggest lifting the edge of a rivet a little with a screwdriver, then you should pour the glue. Keep twisting the joint until the glue seeps into the joint and sets, and keep the part where you poured the glue vertical, so the gravity will pull on the glue. It will take a while though.

One other way you might try to tighten the rivet is to get a tool that leather and saddle workers use to put holes into leather. It's like a hand clamp.

EDIT: Ah, here it is, the one on the right:

[​IMG]

As you can see, it has a smooth surface as base and a pin like piece that applies pressure. You might try with that, just choose the right pin.