Customs: repair questions

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by oddobot, Jan 1, 2007.

1. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    I have a question. My Mirage (G1) slinks back into the bottom feet area and my Astrotrain does the same thing at the legs. I have some clear nail polish but could someone show me/tell me what to do?

Thanks!
    Jay

2. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

I don't understand what you mean by "slinks back into the bottom feet area"?
    Mirage has a sturdy foot area that doesn't rely on any other "moving" parts for stability. If you are refering to the extendable legs, you would probably need to open up the leg area and add the nail polish to the raised edge that holds the legs in place. Or make the notch that the raised edge sits in, a little deeper/ crisper notch.

I never had any luck with nail polish staying on. You might want to try superglue. Just make sure its dry before you put it back together.

edit #1 If I remember correctly, my Astrotrain needs alot of force to get his legs to lock in to the extended position. Maybe your not fully extending them.
    Edit #2. One leg needs a slight bit, more force but the other locks in place easily? Don't pull to hard. I don't want you too "break a leg".

hope this helps.
    good luck

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I had the same problem with mine. What I did was put some tape on the areas that surround the legs (just disassmeble the bottom portions of the legs). I think I did this with my G1 Megs as well. If done well, it works quite nicely and the difference is not visible. Hope that helps!

4. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

My astrotrain, blitzwing, and prowl all suffered from this. I've never tried superquad's tape method, you may want to give that a shot first, since the superglue is a bit more, uh, permanent.

5. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    thanks guys! I'll try those ASAP.

Jay