Repaints that look like new molds.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Movie PRIME, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok so last night I picked up Generations Blurr. I had been putting it off, and putting it off as I already own Drift, and am not big on buying repaints. When I got him home I opened him up, and Transformed him. To my surprise he paint job really makes him look like he is not the same mold.

I know they changed his head, and the spoiler, but I mean you take most repaints, and stand them side, by side you can tell at a glance "Hey thats a white Optimus Prime", or "Hey thats a gray Darkmount with a new head" but you really have to look at Drift, and Blurr to tell that there the same mold.

So I just thought Id ask if you guys know of any other repaints that make the Transformer not look like its original mold?

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Tracks/Wheeljack
    Sunstreaker/Sideswipe

3. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

WfC Cliffjumper really the Bumblebee mold look good. The colors and design just go really nice together, and he's not as Awkward looking as Bumblebee.

4. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

they really didn't start doing good planning to make this effect till RTS and a few Generations figs so I can't think off hand of any before those. but I have to say Sideswipe/Sunstreaker is the best, especially since I modded the legs on Streaker to transform differently:wink:  (sadly though you do lose the gun storage in the process :( )

5. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Animated Shockwave / Longarm. It helps that the mold has 2 botmodes, so you can stand the purple and the grey side by side.

Grappel/Inferno might also qualify for the list. They still look much the same to me, but it is a pretty extensive retool.

Axor is another. Though Lockdown has such a distinctive carmode that it doesn't totally work. It helps if you can find things in the transformation to do a bit differently.

6. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I was just taken aback by it. I mean I have Sunstreaker, and Sideswipe, but only becuse you have to have the Twins just like you have to have all the Seekers. But even with all the remodeling on them you can still tell at a glace that there the same mold whit Drift/Blurr you really have to look.

I guess I'm going to have to rethink my hole not liking to buy repaints idea if this is what there going to do from now on!

7. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

sunsreaker and sideswipe are remolds arnt they? the windshield of sunstreaker's robot mode is on the front and its on the back on sideswipe.

8. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  9. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I think of it more as a dual-purpose mold. It was designed with both characters in mind. To me a remold is where they go back and modify the figure at a later date.

10. Jimmy Drift

Jimmy Drift Well-Known Member

The 3 coneheads?

11. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dragon megatron and RID Cryotek. I know they're the same mold but I get a distinct separate character vibe from them. =P

12. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Sunstreaker/Sideswipe/Red Alert

Drift/Blurr

Tracks/Wheeljack

Axor/Lockdown

Grapple/Inferno

13. Sideways77

Sideways77 some garbage is okay

News Credits:
    I thought that Legends Dustsorm was a retool of Springer, not a repaint.

14. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    The most recent one that comes to mind is WfC Cliffjumper from WfC Bumblebee. I have them standing right beside each other on my shelf and the paint is so much better on 'jumper that it totally stands apart, figuratively.

And the Classics Seekers all look significantly different to me, especially the coneheads.