Customs: Repainting BTA Red Alert into Prowl

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by SmokescreenSWE, Oct 14, 2005.

1. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm getting BTA Red Alert soon, mostly because I feel that he's the real Prowl, and I'm planning to actually repaint him (rather than get an expensive Alt or BT Prowl and scavenge a head that may or may not fit).

I just need some suggestions on how to do it. I'm not looking for an 100% G1 look, but I am planning to remove most of the red on him. His head will be white with a red crest. For the rest of the red, isn't that just painted on? Is there an easy way to remove it without dismantling the figure or painting over with white/gray?

While I'm messing up my expensive BTA toys, is there an easy way to add the red paint to Sunstreaker that the Alternator has? Or maybe even the black stripe?

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    With taking the paint off, I use very cheap nail polish remover which works well for what I need it to do (such as taking off the yellow details on Alt Smokescreen). However, I am not saying that it will just take the paint you want off and nothing else. My intention is to paint over those pieces anyways. If this were my piece, I would either remove the paint and paint back over it with my desired color, or I would sand it down and paint over it. Either way, I would be looking at sanding over it.

In terms of the black sports stripes on Sunstreaker, you have a couple more options. You can try to mask off stripes and paint them. You can also get label paper and make your own labels for those stripes. I make my own labels, so I would be more inclined to go with the latter (click on the link to my sig to see some of my own labels). I hope that helps. :D