Minor/Repaint: Repainted TFTM Longarm Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by dyingwill3rd, Aug 19, 2008.

1. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

Here is a rerepaint of my Longarm Prime. He has colors closer to prime's but i kept his white arms.

His crane hook broke so i don't keep it on him. instead he can be used to transport smaller bots. So far he can have TFTM Arcee, my custom minicon wheelie, and some of my terrocons.

Also i have a question, can Armada Sparkplug fit into Universe Classics Blaster's Chest?

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    The color palette is nice, and it works really well for a cool robot. But dude, your paint is extremely rough. If you are going to paint real large surfaces like that with a brush, you need to use thinner coats, and you need to wet-sand between each coat in order to keep it from looking gunked up and showing all those brush strokes. :(  Its really holding back your progression as an artist.

3. dyingwill3rd

K Redline

4. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

yeah your painting has not really improved at all, it's sad cuse i like some of your ideas.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Really good idea, but, while I'm no master painter myself, I agree with REDLINE and red00wolf. Personally I almost always use spray paint, as it's what I'm better with. I only brush on paint when the area is too small to warrant spraying, I don't have/can't find the color I need in spray form, or I can only achieve the desired look threw brushing on the paint.

6. dyingwill3rd

what do you use to remove paint again?

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    use isopropyll alcohol.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    QFT. dw3rd, you've created and posted many of your pieces, and I echo red00wold wholeheartedly to say that I really like many of your ideas. But my hope is that the advice I've quoted here really sinks in. The Radicons here have been very supporting and encouraging towards you and your work and will continue to do so. However, REDLINE honed in on something that I've been personally wanting to see from you: more artistic growth. We have a very robust resource for kitbashing artists (arguably, the largest on the whole Internet) to enable and equip them to learn and improve their projects. The Radicons staff have worked long and hard to develop this not to boast, but with the specific intent to help artists to the maximum capacity possible.

We've seen many artists start off here with less skills that you have already, but the key is that they work to grow and to progress. They use the constructive criticism others give them and strive for excellence. You have the capacity to do this, because I've seen the kind of growth we're all talking about here with my own two eyes as well as knowing history of others who have so as well.

The persons who continue to respond to you and your work do so because we care about you as a person and as an artist. We want to see you excel in ways that you never thought possible. You're participating in a great community of other talented artists who are more than willing to help you out with this goal, should you chose to tackle it. It's up to you, though. You're obviously a very creative person and we see the potential you have. If you're 110% satisfied with your work, that's completely cool and I respect that. I think that you might be even happier if you'd really apply yourself like myself and others are suggesting, though :wink: 

Either way, we're glad to see you contribute, bud. :thumb