Customs: Repainted Classics seeker?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by PowerEncarnate, Feb 2, 2010.

1. PowerEncarnate

PowerEncarnate Mad Inventer

News Credits:
    Im working on a repaint of classics Starscream as...? Well thats my problem. I have several characters that I have created for as part of an elite squadron. Or I could do my take on Sunstorm, that was the plan to begin with when I bought the extra Starscream new. Of the 6 new characters I would do Stormwind I think. His background is: A spark clone of Starscream along with his brother Sunstorm. He served as a member of the Rain Makers back on cybertron, but after demonstrating strong leadership potential he was given a unit of his own, a ship and sent out to locate Lord Megatron. Even though he knew that it was a "fools errand" mission on the part of Shockwave in order to eliminate a wild card and potential rival for the control of the Decepticons on cybertron, his honor would not let him refuse. My question is who do you guys feel I should do as my 1st classics repaint?

2. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Sunstorm! Go for it

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

My first Seeker repaint went along the lines of a Generic Purple Seeker, or the purple guy from MTMTE with the flame-ring thrower.

Planning on getting a more accurate GPS done soon, as well as accurate Rainmakers (well... except for alt mode). And if I get more of the mold in, that team with Sunstorm and the flamethrower guy.

4. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

I'm currently planning to paint not Classics seekers but G1/G2 ones.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

My first (and possibly better done with a Classics) is an all-black version of Ramjet. This female Seeker will be a paramour to Dirge. Currently she is made of black factory parts from Skywarp, the Coneheads and G2 Ramjet and wears Dirge's guns. The painting part comes in because I cannot remove and swap the teal G2 Ramjet engine pods mounted/glued(?) on her wings (so they'll have to wear a coat of black paint).

The second is made from the now-wingless G2 Ramjet body. All of the teal parts (exhaust caps, fists, feet, side of arms, etc.) have been removed and replaced with black ones. The bluish cockpit (now on Darkstar) has been replaced with a smoke colored one (again from one of the 1985 planes) and he is alternating between wearing Classics Skywarp and custom-made Darkov G1 launchers. All I need to do now is paint the pair of Dirge wings he's wearing to match the plane body.

Kusanagi: My personal recipe for the generic (periwinkle colored?) seeker is to try and match the lavender color on a pair of G1 Skywarp fists. Once you get a close match, consider adding a bluish tint for a variation. Then get some Thundercracker-based decals and you're good to go.

5. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Action Master Thundercracker! Do it!