Minor/Repaint: Repaint TFTM Leader class Optimus Prime (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ginga_Convoy, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Ginga_Convoy

Ginga_Convoy Rider from Mirror world

As I said yesterday, I will show my accurate repaint of TFTM Optimus Prime and here it is ...the charismatic leader is now show more accurate as he looked in the movie. I also "fix" the figure arms error by swapping them, so the arms is now looked as it used to be in the screen, this doesn't have any effect to the transformation process, In fact (for me) now transforming him to the vehicle mode is more easier then before. (credit goes to Transformers.Wikia for the tips & info :thumb  )

Repainting LC Optimus is not as hard as I repaint the Deluxe Class figures, B'cuz this guy is really big & I don't get any hard time to using a brush him, The only problem that I got is just when I drawing the flame ornament on his lower legs b'cuz I'm using a hand-drawing so the result is not as good as I expected. :( 

I called this as a WIP b'cuz I haven't finished Optimus alternate mode yet, Well on the robot mode he is 80% almost accurate with the CGI version, But on the vehicle mode I haven't done any significant change that make the fire-truck looks accurate with the real ones, So maybe after I completed the vehicle mode's paint job & maybe adding again some paint job on the robot mode. I will repost this charismatic leader again. :wink:  after all I don't know if I have make a good job or not, B'cuz I don't think the results right now is satisfying & I think is kinda missing something... :confused: 

Attached Files:

2. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I like all the subtle changes you've done; he certainly looks more like the CGI version now. Those hand-painted flames look pretty good!

3. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks good so far, what else do you have planned for him? Anything else on the Bot mode?

4. Ginga_Convoy

For now on, I'm just focusing on the vehicle (fire-truck) mode to make it more accurate with the real fire-truck, For the robot mode maybe I will just add some little paint job again after I found where's the missing spot that I need to paint...:wink: 

5. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I like the flames on his legs too. That's pretty much all that's missing from my custom Optimus. I'm not good at drawing/painting flames so it'll have to wait. Good job.

6. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    Hit it with some silver and blacklining, I got some pics if you want to see what I am talking about. I'm not gonna enter mine. I seriously thought you had the Reprolabels on his legs for a minute, great job with the flames. It looks great, some minor details will set it off real good though.

7. Ginga_Convoy

Yes please show the pictures to me :) , Now I really need a reference for a further paint job to LC Optimus Prime.

8. Transfan76

Transfan76 Autobot

last night I was studying on the flames on primes forearms and just what i noticed was that when in vehicle mode , the flames on his forearms matches the ones that are on the side of his truck nose. yeah I'm trying to correct a few details on my voyager still .it's been an on and off project cause I'm usually busy with work

9. Ginga_Convoy

I think the flames on prime's forearms matched with the flames on the truck nose is b'cuz on the real transformation sequence in the movie, the truck nose is formed prime's forearms (can be seen clearly when Optimus transforming for the first time in front of Sam & Mikaela.) though on some scenes (when facing Megatron.) I also seen that the forearms appears from the truck's sleeper cabin just like the Leader Class version. :confused: 

I also have the voyager version of Prime & I also have do some works on him too, But I will not show him in here anyhow b'cuz the results is really worst & unsatisfying. :redface2: 

10. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
  11. Ginga_Convoy

Wow, Thanks a lot!! :)  that's really helping me.

Lucky I just got a super metallic paint to continue my job on this LC Optimus Prime, and maybe tomorrow after I finished the metallic paint job I will posted it in here.

btw, you have done a nice paint job to your LC Optimus Prime too Archatron. I like it, it's look shiny. :thumb 

12. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Looks nice man! I'm confused by one thing though... you said you swapped the arms. By that I thought you meant you litterally put the left on the right and vice versa... but by your pics it doesn';t appear so. So what did you mean?

13. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    Thanks Ginga. The chrome looking stuff is Model Master silver Lacqauer coated with Future floor finish. I used Tamiya chrome silver acrylicc on the bot mode. Yours already looks really good, can't wait.

Jametron, he switched the biceps so the round detail is facing out like it should be. Hasbro put them together wrong, all the LCs.

14. Ginga_Convoy

Actually I just swapped the upper arms to make the parts (the arm joints with a circle around it) became as it seen on the CGI version.

as you can see, on the CGI version the Circle on the arms was supposedly facing on the outer side, Like this:
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff155/OmniCrest/optimusprime1.jpg
    and the picture of the figure on the cardbox also showing the right placement of the figure arms, as you can see at this: http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff155/OmniCrest/tf81108robotmodezc4.jpg

But the exact figure itself was having an error that make the circle was facing to the inside, I don't realized it on the first time but after I read about the error problem in Teletran-1 (Transformers-wikia), I decided to swap both the arms to the right position,so it became like this: http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff155/OmniCrest/comparison03.jpg

It doesn't have any problem with the transformation process, In fact IMO to transforming him is more easier than before.:wink: 

Btw, the upcoming premium LC Optimus Prime also have the same problem as this one, although on the promotional poster showing him with a right placement for the arms :mad m Well, I have the picture of it if you want to see it, in here: http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff155/OmniCrest/00.jpg
    (which means I have to swapped the arms again if I buying this one. :banghead: )

I heard Leader Class Megatron also have a same misplacement problem too on the leg or somewhere else, But b'cuz I don't having him right now, I don't know where exactly the "error" is...:confused: 

15. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    OK, I see that now... That does make a nice difference. (shows how much I've studied my LC OP I guess (D'oh!)

Sweet work man.