Repaint movie toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by theone74, Jun 16, 2007.

1. theone74

theone74 Banned

Will you display them with your movie figures or alone? I might buy the repaints only to open, then again, I have no idea what Ill do with them.

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I'll only get the Starscream, and display him with the rest of my Starscreams.

3. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I'm kind of working on a combined collection, with one deffinitive incarnation of each character. The repaint of movie Jazz will be "the" Jazz in my collection. The original version of Jazz will probably end up getting called Camshaft, or something. The Barricade repaint is so getting used as the basis of a Prowl custom.

4. theone74

theone74 Banned

I admire how you can do that, I am so anal about grouping things, I can never do that.

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Usually I divide up my collection, Autobots on one side, Decepticons on the other. But I have a feeling this line is going to be so 'con dominated I'll probably have the movie characters to one side of their shelf and the repaints on the other. Cybertron had so many figures I liked in both their colors I had to make them part of a third shelf for the series, so this should be akin to that. (Though I do not plan on making them span 3 shelves)

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

of course i will!

7. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

I display my repaints with all the other figs from the series. Just take a gander:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    For me I will have the game characters / exclusives (Wreckage, Arcee etc) together on one shelf, the movie guys in the middle shelf, and the repaints/remolds on another.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Hot Collection CNDshockwave! :D 

I Believe last wave and i might Buy "Final Battle" Jazz and Ratchet repaint as G1 homages.

10. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Repaint Jazz is going with the Classics.

11. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I won't be buying the direct G1 repaints at all - If they create a new character as a result of a repaint (THUNDERCRACKER for exmple) I'll consider it, but I find that particular repaint unattractive and would keep him seperate from the 'proper' movie toys.

12. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    G1-colored Jazz, G1-colored Ratchet, and G1-styled 'Screamer are going with the Classics. Now let's hope they make Bonecrusher in G1 Constructicon colors. I'd buy it. :D 

13. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    The only repaint I'm interested in is Jazz, and thats just so I can shoehorn him into Classics. If the Leader Prime repaint looks cool then I might skip the first LP for him, but other than that I dont need any

14. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Some repaints made sense once upon a time; these days and for this particular line I have no intention of getting any Repaints of anyone just because Hasbro slaps on a G1 accuate look or something. Quite frankly I don't think we NEED G1 repaints of the Movie figures; let them be their own characters with their own reality seperate from Repaint whoring of the past, to that end my intention is to buy only the Unique molds so even if Hasbro makes a repaint of Starscream as Thundercracker/Skywarp, this time I'm not getting them... Because of Budgeting and also I'm getting a little Seekered out what with having to find some way to get this years Botcon set and more importantly the money to pay for it before it vanishes completely.

Now if they remolded them into a completely different character or something I may renedge on my vow, but I highly doubt it; I just don't have that much of a Budget for these guys and I'm still trying desperately to end off Cybertron and Classics before it's too late, although I think it already is too late in certain respects.

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    The only repaint I'm getting is Thundercracker, and it'll go with the rest of the movie figs. The only other repaints I'd for sure buy would be a Skywarp and a Nemesis prime repaint of the Voyager Optimus mold. The G1 color schemes look horrid on the movie designs. Jazz is an exception, but I really don't want two of a subpar mold.

16. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I hate repaints, I only get them if I missed the first one or I love the mold, but if I do get them, I display them on the same shelf as the original.