Customs: Repaint Commissions / Repaint Quality?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Incepticon, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Just wondering if anyone here who actively does (good) repaints also take commissions from those of us either too scared or inept to do it ourselves? I'm looking to get a repaint of Classics Megatron done, hence the inquiry.

And speaking of repaints, I have to ask, are they actually as good in person as they are depicted in online photos? There are a LOT that I've seen which look good from a distance, but in close up pics, you can see paint globs, smearing and so forth. So that leads me to wonder if even what appear to be awesome repaints still typically look that way, or if they can actually look factory done.

Thanks for any info/help/advice!

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've done one for comission so far, but I'm sticking to Scout-class and smaller figures for customizing in general. The one I made however (the black 3" Prime) looks better in person than in the pictures I took, since the pictures blow it up and you can see things you don't notice normally. I guess the point there is pictures of actual size or bigger will show all the detail you'll be able to see in person. I know nothing I've made looks factory done, but I'm also not super skilled. Paints will pretty much always be noticeable, to get a real factory look you'd probably need a quality dye job.

Hope that helps.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm in the middle of a commissioned Classics Megatron right now. and I have no globs or smears. I have one goal when I do a repaint: minimal wear. I like to occasionally TF my toys and so that is quite important to me.