Heavy/Scratch: Reoltech Custom Grimlock

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by cookiemaster, Jul 6, 2012.

1. cookiemaster

cookiemaster Member

I've been planning this guy for a while, but hadn't thought how to do his wings until about 3am this morning.
    His chest needs enlarging and he's currently held together with white-tak, but it gives the general gist.

He's mostly Hot Rod with Rounded Megatron arms, Ultra Magnus head, 2x Hot Rod spoilers for wings, and a toy T-Rex's arms, head and tail.

What do you think?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      55.2 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      129.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      43.6 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      144.7 KB
      Views:
  2. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

im really digging these revoltechs man. shockwave and grimlock are my favorite so far!

3. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    That's amazing. Can't wait for more about this awesome little bugger.:) 

4. MarkAsRead

MarkAsRead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    They must be dirty cheap where you live!

Magnus alone is about 30 euro overhere..

Can't wait to see the end result. :) 

5. HAIL_KING_PRIME

HAIL_KING_PRIME Well-Known Member

I think it needs a more Grimlock looking face

6. glaug

glaug Well-Known Member

Have you had these saved up for a while or are you just some kind of Revoltech customising machine? ;)  IMHO the T-Rex head is a bit big, but he looks good all the same.

7. cookiemaster

cookiemaster Member

MarkAsRead - 30E sounds about right. The Magnus head was spare from an earlier custom and most parts I use are from Hot Rods who's only about £15 (20E?) which is a bit easier to justify to the Mrs!

HAIL_KING_PRIME - Yeah, you're right. He's just white-tacked together at the moment and I haven't done any sculpting other than cutting off bits so hopefully when he's finished he'll be a bit more accurate. I tried swapping heads for my customs of Shockwave & Soundwave, but I thought I'd try customize the head for this one since I had a spare (and drilling the hole for the joint is a pain!)

glaug - I tried put the T-Rex head in place of UM's and it's pretty close for sizing, but you're right it does look pretty dwarfing on his back. Hopefully when I beef out his chest the head will look more proportionate, but if not I might try hack it down some. It'll need skinning anyway so maybe that'll help.

Thanks for all the feed-back guys. Hopefully I'll get some more done next week (if I haven't started another one by then!)

8. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    No offense the Rodimus character but his Revoltech is the easiest and cheapest of all the Tf in the line to get. XD Starscream and Megatron being the most difficult, followed by G1 Convoy and then by Movieverse Prime and Bee.
    Back on topic: I am really liking this prototype you got here. Looking forward to see the upcoming updates. ;) 

9. glaug

glaug Well-Known Member

Personally, I wonder if the head from a Pretender Grimlock night work well... or another, similar head. Grimlock's head isn't that complex and you seem fairly confident at sculpting, so that's always an option :) 

10. cookiemaster

cookiemaster Member

Here's an update for Grimlock. I've been working on all 5 dinobots so it's been slow, but I'm getting there...

Changes include: painting (needs finishing and detailing), head reshaped, legs and chest beefed up and dino-head smoothed.

Attached Files:

11. Shwiggie

Shwiggie Likeable dryskinned biped

The very first picture you posted was filled to the brim with absolute win! I'd have loved to see that figure stand along just by itself, no paint or mods. Why, I don't know, but that was the bomb. I was almost disappointed that you changed it :p 

Can't wait to see it when you're done.

12. StBrianofMinneapolis

StBrianofMinneapolis Well-Known Member

I love the idea of custom revoltechs, but I am looking to take it a step further. I am working on my 3D skills and I plan to design fully new body parts to make a Kup to put along side Hotrod. There might be a Wreck-gar sometime after that as well.