Renumber who you are.

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by FireStar 2007, Jan 14, 2008.

1. FireStar 2007

FireStar 2007 Active Member

(I
    decided to do this because I believe Optimus should have never been killed. But I will bring that into it later. This Story is about Rodimus Prime the chosen one and new holder of the matrix it sort of ties in all together. It also comes from the song by Bryan Adams who sung on the soundtrack Sprit stallion of the Cimarron. Here are the words to that song and why my story takes place with that).​

Sound the bugle now - play it just for me
    As the seasons change - remember how I used to be
    Now I can't go on - I can't even start
    I've got nothing left - just an empty heart

I'm a soldier - wounded so I must give up the fight
    There's nothing more for me - lead me away...
    Or leave me lying here

Sound the bugle now - tell them I don't care
    There's not a road I know - that leads to anywhere
    Without a light feat that I will - stumble in the dark
    Lay right down - decide not to go on

Then from on high - somewhere in the distance
    There's a voice that calls - remember who your are
    If you lose yourself - your courage soon will follow

So be strong tonight - remember who you are
    Yea you're a soldier now - fighting in a battle
    To be free once more -Yea that's worth fighting for
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renumber who you are.

As Rodimus prime stood on the planet, that had been his home he sighed how things had changed. Looking up at the stars his optics watched as two shooting stars flew over head as they, turned and twisted together it remind him of the young humans game of chase that he had seen on earth.

Earth sighing he turned to look at the horizion . The green and blue planet had been there home for a short while. Now they had left it behind to come back to there real home. It had been the place Optimus Prime had cared for. Never in their history would he have really understood why the Autobots had landed on that planet.

It had once been a place of calm now, it was not quite much anymore since Meagtron and his forces had taken Autobot City and destroyed it. At sunrise Kup, Daniel, Springer, Arcee and him self as the once young Hot rod had watched as the shuttle with Optimus and reinforcements had come. Optimus who had received Blaster’s signal about the Decepticons attack had come but the battle had been long had taken its toll it was then that Optimus had received damage to his body. It was then that Optimus had lost his life.

Now a new leader had emerged Rodimus Prime the once young Hotrod had now become the new leader and bearer of the matrix. Sighing he walked away to wards a place where the body’s of the Autobots who had given there life’s to fighting lay . Walking past the ones who had sacrificed there spark's Rodimus stopped at one of the tombs inside was that of the fallen Autobot leader Optimus Prime. Placing his hand on it he spoke hoping someone would hear him.

“Why me I’m no leader, Optimus how can I say sorry I should never have got in the way. What do we do now with out you, It’s as if they think I can be you but I’m not you Optimus?” said Rodimus his knees giving way as he buckled to the floor. Suddenly a hand was on his shoulder turning he gasped.

Standing right in front of the new leader was that Optimus prime but it was not Optimus in whole it was a ghost.

“Optimus! Wait I’m dreaming you died, I was there this isn’t real is it.” Said Rodimus making his legs stand him up to face his old leader.

“Yes Rodimus I’m dead but this is real, the matrix sensed you where struggling. It knew you may need guidance and it called me. Come I wish to show you something” said the voice of Optimus Prime.

Walking away from him Rodimus began to follow it seemed like hours they had walked but it had only been about five minutes in our way of saying time had passed.

As they reached a part of Cybertron that looked different Rodimus realised he was in the same place that he had spoken his speech from. Turning he looked at the leader who had Died because of his foolish action's.

“Optimus why am I here what is this about?” said Rodimus puzzled by the stillness that was around them.

“You renumber you ran to stop, Meagtron from firing at me.” Said Optimus looking at him. Seeing Rodimus nod he continued.

“Your destiny had been written, before you where made. You knew you had to stop him and I am not angry about that but in glad you did what you did so place your mind at rest” he said looking at Rodimus once more.

“But how am I going to live up to you. Everyone expects me to be a solider a leader like you. But how can I be when all I feel is emptiness inside my spark you died becuse of me” Said Rodimus turning his hands out stretched as if he was pleading for something to happen to make it right once more.

“Rodimus we are soldier’s in battle, you must renumber who you are because if you can't. Then there is no hope you might as well be stumbling in the dark. But remember if you lose yourself you have courage and that will follow you anywhere.” Said Optimus

As he began to fade Rodimus looked at him as the Ghost of Optimus Prime moved back to the chamber where he lay. Moving his legs Rodimus tried to keep up he had so many questions to ask.

As he ran there was no light to light his path collapsing he lay down his body feeling the pain that he had been blocking out.

Maybe someone would leave him lying here all he wanted was peace not be the solider the leader just the plain old Hot rod. He could not care anymore he hated it he had already stumbled what would happen if he gave up.

“Rodimus renumber who you are you’re a solider a warrior fighting for our freedom. Be Strong renumber who you are. Don’t give up fight for the freedom we have longed for. Don’t give up,” said a voice getting up Rodimus Prime looked at the sky.

Turning he moved to where he had been before. As he walked back the voice seemed to fade.

Standing by the Entrance Stood Ultra Magnus his arms folded his back was turned but by looking at his stance Rodimus could tell he was felling the pain as well. Slowly walking up he spoke making Magnus jump “You seem to be in a daze as well” said Rodimus looking at the tall warrior he should have been the leader thought Rodimus.

“I was thinking of the past Rodimus Prime,” said Ultra Magnus. Seeing the young leader not flinch at the use of his name made Magnus suspect that Rodimus had come to Terms with his new role.

“What got you thinking about the past, usually you don’t talk about it much?” said Rodimus Turning away from the place where Optimus lay. As he moved towards a small path.

Following Ultra Magnus spoke “It was When Optimus had the matrix for the first time he was doubting himself and thinking he could never be like our creator” said Ultra Magnus. Turning the shock was clear on Rodimus face.

“You mean Optimus did the same as I’m doing thinking I cant be the leader they want me to be” Said Rodimus walking some more as they came to where the partying and celebrating was.

Ultra Magnus Turned and Spoke “Rodimus No one expects you to be like Optimus but you have to be your self. Renumber the young once stubborn bot who came to me asking how he was going to be able to fight, do you renumber what I told you” he said looking at Rodimus straight in the eye’s

“Yes I renumber you said soldier’s aren’t born there made and if you lay down and give up then freedom isn’t worth fighting for” said Rodimus.

Suddenly Ultra Magnus Words made sense as well as Optimus watching as the old warrior went down. Kup the old timer was telling the story of Optimus and his battle’s long ago to believe it or not the Dinobot’s.

Smiling Rodimus raised his eyes to the heavens once more and watched as two stars shoot over the sky one a bright red the other a pinkish sort of colour. Watching as they disappeared past the horizon.

Rodimus Turned and looked down at the others as he walked down to meet them on the hill in the same spot stood a ghost of a figure

“Renumber who you are Rodimus Till all are one” said the voice of Optimus prime.
    As another figure appeared she took his hand pulling him towards a silvery white light. Turing Rodimus saw Elita 1 and Optimus Prime disappear into the Light.

Hearing Kup say “He was a great warrior I just wish he was here with us,” said Kup

Walking up Rodimus Spoke to them as the old warrior smiled “He will always be with us Kup Nothing can take away the memories of what he was. Till all are one,” said Rodimus placing his hand in the middle

As each person said, “Till all are one” and placed their hand on his.

Rodimus looked at the sky once more and thinking he closed his eyes
    “I will never forget Optimus I promise I am a solider I will renumber who I am and what I’m fighting for”

The two stars that had been chasing each other finally stopped exploding into dust never to be seen again.

The end
    For Now

(Hi hoped you liked it will be writing more from G1 soon been a bit busy so hope you like from Firestar 2007)

2. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Always fun to read another Rodimus story.

3. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me!

I love that song. I feel that it fits into the fic nicely. Well done!:thumb 

4. FireStar 2007

Hi thanks

Hi i dont know why i was talking about G1 on anoter website which i wont say the name becuse i get in trouble.(Again)
    :eek: 

But one of the people hate's Rodimus Prime and he was Talking about how Optimus should be brought back.

So it got me thinking and after watch G1 Season 3 bits it made me realise how long it takes him to become a leader by which time Optimus has returned .

Also i was listening to the music and it remined me they are solider fighiting in a war for well peace and thier home.
    so it all came togther i love the song it is so sad yet pack's a lot into it.

(TF Rocks and FairladyZ
    I have actullay read both your fan fics and i loved them so well done and keep it up as well) also i worte anoter stroy about g1 called Never the Same. So thanks

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  5. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me!

No problem. I will update my fic as soon as I get the next chapter completed. If you like it, then post and say so!:D 

6. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Do you mean "remember"? Because "renumber" and "remember" are two very different words with completely different meanings. If so, I can change the thread title for you.

Good read!

7. FireStar 2007

thanks

Thanks that would be very help full for me my spelling and garmmer thing's arint perfect .

But thank you anyway it does have to match the song so thats why i put it. I did not know there was a diffrence.

8. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    No offense or flame intended, but if you want more people to read your stuff, it might be best to proofread more carefully what you are writing before you post it, as I found the interswitchable remember/renumber distracted me from the story.

Again, no harshness intended, just constructive criticism :thumbs2: 

9. FireStar 2007

thanks

Hey please i dont mind any critisium it helps makes me realise my mistakes and work on better stroy's.

But thank you i need to ask a friend of mine to help me, I should have but i'm to stubbon sometimes to take help but thanks you remined me i should.

i will write more but please dont hold back it's cool opins count as long as they are repectfull of the person.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  10. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Cool, a friendly response to criticism, quite rare on t'internets!

11. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I do have to say that "remnumber" was a little distracting. I though you were maybe trying to use it as a Cybertronian word or something. But if the song says "remember" it would make more sense to use "remember."

Looking forward to reading your next fanfic and thanks for reading mine.