Rendersform unveils new products at local TF gathering

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Trans4mers, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    It works as Erector, no doubt, I just...really don't like the mold. It's clunky and the poseability is severely limited by extremely heavy ratchet joints.

Also, I find the prospect of using Grapple's mold as Erector kinda fitting. They're already basically the same character anyway, why not share a mold? :lol 

2. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    *Looks at added pics*

Yep. Still want everything except Vortex set. Glad I have both United and "Solar Storm" Grapple.

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    Erector and Discharge or Erector and Greaser, both fellow micromasters.

hmmm... i didn't like them until you said that... dammit...

truth... a new head can make a mediocre mold into something badass... I had Mudflap as my Grapple until they announced RTS Grapple. Then Mudflap became Erector in my head, and he'll be that even without a new head, but i'd definitely like a more g1 head for him... guess we'll have to wait and see.

4. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks to Gotham Collectibles for hosting the awesome TF meetup for us Vancouver TF fans.

For the Erector head shown, take is as a "doodle" an artist might do on a napkin. I made it a really quickly, to show for fun. However, I am interested in doing a upgrade for Erector later. More details in one of the replies below.

The "cross shield" is the RF-007B set, which is a freebie, I give away to people. The one jigga showed was a testshot he won a couple months ago at another meetup.

The Megatron sword is one of my first 3d printing projects, which lead to Renderform being created. I made it back at the end of 2009. You can find photos of the prototype in the radicon's section or on my website. I plan to have final versions of the Prime and Megatron weapons ready to show or sell in October, at the Cherry Bomb Toy Show, in Victoria BC.

My items will be always to expensive for someone. People even state they found my Goldbug kit expensive, especially after I matched the price of a factory made competitor's version. Compared to their retail price, I should be charging $40, based on the extra gun and features mine come with. If you go with the logic my item is a lot more limited than theirs, and its all made by hand. I'm not interested in selling numbers. I'd be happy selling only 100 goldbug kits at $30. Some people have told me to run Renderform as a business, but I run it as a fun service to other fans. I'll never make everyone happy. I probably only cater to 1% of all TF fans, if lucky.

Thanks for the post! I really wanted to upgrade Mudflap into Erector as well. But now your idea will work, after I looked into it. It'll probably upset those who don't like having random parts lying around in altmode, but its probably the easiest solution to making a new head for the mudflap mold. :) 

I'm not ready to announce the release date and pricing yet. I'm still looking into the pricing. If I base my price at similiar sized items, off of what other people sell their resin casted parts for, the sword and shield would be too expensive for most. When I'm ready to release the info, it'll be up on my website.

The axe for SG KM Commander is an exclusive to Cherry Bomb. They commissioned me for it, so I can't sell it directly, nor make extras to sell myself.

It is a Jesus thing, inspired by my faith. I made it to give away for free to people.

Bumper and Hubcap are two different upgrade kits. Their not ready for sale or anything yet.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  5. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Don’t be a jerk...

News Credits:
    That's cool Venksta, your stuff is looking great!

6. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    I certainly understand; however, from my own selfish perspective, I want you to run Renderform like a business, mass produce the items, increase their quantities and, consequently, lower the prices.

It's your prerogative not to, of course. But even $35.20 CAD for the Goldbug head + 2 guns is a bit too much when I consider the Bludgeon upgrade ($17 for a head and two swords, ships free from BBTS with another purchase) and the Kup head upgrade ($15 for 2 heads, free shipping from iGear).

7. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Veksta, i think your pricing is extremely fair. Also, your work and quality control is outstanding. My only complaint is these arent coming out fast enough. Haha. Im just impatient.

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, even with my limited income right now, I have never even hesitated at any of your prices for a second. They have always been more than fair. The quality is always outstanding, and the guns for each set have been so unique and turned out really well. My only "gripe" (kidding) when I open the package is that I find myself saying WTF am I suppost to do with all these guns.

The wait is gonna be brutal sitting and looking at all these different classic bumblebees and knowing that one day they are gonna all look unique and amazing. I just can't wait for bumper (looks sick as hell), and have always had an affinity for Hubcap.

9. mentok27

mentok27 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think the erector head will need to be paired with a reprolabels set to help make it look less grapple-like... head is cool but really needs something else.

10. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Veksta, as for me. I'm really looking forward to the swords and shields. Maybe a Goldbug head as well. :D 

11. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank goodness there's hope for MudflapErector again... :D 

12. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    YESSSSS MUdflap erects!

13. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Venksta,
    Since there's a way to turn TF1 movie mudflap into Erector, why not come out with a upgrade for Cybertron Mudflap to turn him into Hotspot?

14. cuters

cuters Diabolist

nice how often does this event happen

15. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    damn... that's not a terrible idea either... I still wish Hasbro would remold RID Prime as Defensor and release him as an exclusive somewhere...

16. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, I understand that. What I meant was that because it is only available with the Cherry Bomb SG Morpher which I think is a weird deco, I am not even going to look at the axe and get tempted. . . :p 

17. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The current club fully intended on doing him but the mold is no longer usable. There's only a prototype at Hasbro HQ...

Maybe some kind of treatment with the Cybertron Optimus or Universe Inferno mold could be done down the line...

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  18. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Don’t be a jerk...

News Credits:
    Keep up the great work Venksta, I like how you're not a large company. Smaller runs means that makes it more collectible (more TLC too), makes it cooler.

19. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    So should we have received our invoice by now or not? I'm worried as I haven't received any.

Randy

20. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I haven't received any yet, either. But be patient. Ven said he is sending the invoices slowly.