Renderform Titans Return Galvatron Upgrade Kits

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Venksta, May 4, 2017.

1. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Cheers. He got back to me and confirmed that.

That's wonderful. However, you commented at a public site, meaning that our comments are subject to the scrutiny of others and everyone has the right to critique said comments.

Also, please be aware that joining, reading and replying to comments regarding a subject of your choice at an online website might also be considered taking such subject "seriously".

Hope this helps.

Updates are one thing, but changing it is another. A tank version of Megatron is an update; a Headmaster, triple-changing version is a change.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  2. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot i CrEePy YoU oUt!!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will say, you've been kinda... Intense lately. Is everything alright?

3. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Please note, I've been a part of these boards for 13 years longer than you have and have over double your post count, and almost 4 times the liked posts on this site, so I must be doing something right, but please continue to try and make me out to be the idiot. If you want slavish recreations from something 30 years ago maybe you should consider sticking to masterpiece

also a change can be an update, again use my examples of the universe figures. many of them did not have the same alt modes as their original versions, but they were still UPDATED versions of those characters.

Alas we are getting off topic so let's get back to discussion on how awesome renderforms work is

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Omnondippy

Omnondippy The duly appointed enforcer of the Tyrest accord.

looks fantastic. i think its made me buy myself a tr galvatron......

• Like Like x 3
  5. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

I know this is a small scale, made to order kit, but....I still can't wrap my head around that price. My TR Galvatron is sorely in need of an upgrade like this, but to have the kit cost move than the original figure? What?

6. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes! Both heads store inside the chest, with room for the flip down mask to still fold in as well. :) 

I've had requests for just the head. I just need to figure out the best option for it seperately. Most likely, it'll come with just the "neutral" face, and no accessories. I'll make an update later this week for it.

As for the headmaster guns, I only offer the brainstorm gun in legends colors, since his color is very different from the Hasbro one. The rest seem to be close to their takara counterparts. If you want the weapon set with the legends brainstorm guns, just order the set, and request the change in the comment section. :) 

Theres alot of cost and work to make these. If I could snap my fingers and have them appear magically, I would give them away for free. But that isn't the case. As a independent designer, its easier to just offer my designs through shapeways, which would have similiar pricing, and no work for me. However, you as a potential customer would have to do some painting and assembly. And you wouldn't be able to get things like light piped eye effect. Plus the surface quality would not be anywhere near what I can offer with my hand made versions. For the nature of these items, yes, most people will find it pricey. At the same time, I need to charge what it costs to make them. Luckily, there are alternatives on Shapeways, if price is a factor. :) 

• Like Like x 12
  7. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Your work is much appreciated!

• Like Like x 3
  8. kingjakethe11th

kingjakethe11th Scourgeintor

@Venksta are you going to make upgrades to titans return voyager optimus prime who is going to get repainted into lg ex scourge

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    To any on the fence buyers concerned about the price be aware that you aren't getting Shapeways product. It's excellently modeled and cast to ensure it really feels like a solid retail item. They're wonderfully painted and I'm honestly not sure how Venksta color matches them all so well. I've bought a bunch of different items from him and have never been left looking at them with regret. The weapon kits are lovely but the new heads are in a different league.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Great Work!

11. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

I've never bought a 3p add on for a toy, but I am seriously considering it.
    Nothing is too good for my lord Galvatron!

• Like Like x 1
  12. IamSoundwave

IamSoundwave Well-Known Member

Just placed a pre-order. This is the upgrade kit that we all been waiting for.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Oh Carolina, Yorkshire miner

My sentiments exactly, looks essential if you want the best Galvatron you can make with the base TR figure.

14. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    I'm debating on whether I should get this shapeways neck hinge kit to see if I can get it to work with the new head once it arrives. I just don't know how secure the neck peg on the head will be and I don't want end up damaging anything. Plus I'm also concerned about how well the shapeways material would hold up.

15. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

This is really nice and you did a great job as usual, but $45 is a bit out of my price range. Great sculpt on the faces though

16. TM2 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the RF one comes with a neck joint already

17. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That particular shapeways piece is to remove the necessity of partsforming, i.e. Keeping the head attached for transformation. The renderform head requires removing the head to transform

18. TM2 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah! Right. I know which one you're talking about.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    just dont need or want that Galvatron gun, and thats the biggest piece on the set

20. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    If you get it working be sure to post it. The combination of Renderform head plus no partsforming would take TR Galvatron from good to fantastic.

• Like Like x 1