Renderform delay

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by RodimusDawg, Apr 16, 2012.

1. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a question for the other forum members that have gotten their Gold scout kits in the mail. Was it a smooth and quick transaction? Because Mine certainly hasn't been.

I keep getting sorry missed your email you will be invoiced for the next batch and missed out twice. I finally order weapons from the site and email Venk asking what the deal is with my invoice for Gold Scout and he replies that I'm in the batch of the March 19th, shipments sends me an invoice, which I paid for on the 22nd. It wasn't on the 19th yes but 3 days shouldn't make a difference that much.

Well here we are almost a month later and I am minus $78 and no Gold Scouts or weapons. And now that they are on sale and anyone can just buy it while I've been emailing and getting no response.

I really don't want to file a paypal dispute or rag on renderforms but I'm definitely not happy with it this far. :( 

Is it normal for thing to take over a month from Canada to USA? I got a package from Taiwan in less than a week.

2. originaljk

originaljk Technobot

I received an email from him last week as I had the same issue. I paid for mine 3 days after getting invoiced and was told that I would get an email when the scout kit was shipped and never received that email. I emailed him three different times and w finally got a response telling me that he sent the email informing me it was shipped and that it should be here sometime in the next week or so. Canada post sometimes can take a week to two weeks to ship and receive. Hopefully it comes sometime this week. Never done anything with renderform before but I've never heard anyone say they didn't get what they paid for. Just many delays from being a one man show.

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've order from renderform 2 or 3 times and two times the package was " lost". Both times I emailed Venksta at around 30 days from when payment was sent. He responds within about 48 hours and I get my package about a week later.

He's a one man operation with an extremely high quality well designed product so I think it's worth the hassle... Plus the freebies help

4. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm on my second order, should be here today or tomorrow i'm guessing. extremely high quality, and worth the wait

5. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

If there's anyone on this forum who's not going to screw you over, it's Venksta. Just try to be patient and communicative, and he'll take care of you.

6. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    I am glad to hear this is a somewhat common thing with them. I just hope to get it resolved promptly. Been holding on for months now paid and still waiting longer than I should have, I understand the one man show but communication is key.

I understand the freebies for the wait but I don't even want those :D  I'd hate to take from his business I'd gladly pay for anything he makes,his craftsmanship which is amazing in both pics and from word of mouth.

Hopefully its the same with me and I just didn't get a shipped notice.

I was hoping on that. Just wish that if there is a delay or something a mass email or message would be pretty convenient and called for at this point. It's been almost a month.

7. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my shipped notice actually went to the spam folder for some reason, while the other one hit my inbox, maybe give that a check, I thought that was kinda strange

8. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He's a sound guy, don't worry. Like others have said, Renderform is a one man operation trying to satisfy an army of fans.
    My stuff has often taken a while to get to me but when I've emailed him he's always kept me in the loop and I've always been more than impressed with the products I've ordered. Plus I love all the random guns I keep getting!

9. MrBlud

MrBlud Defender of the G1 Faith

I know he said he was sick for about a week is why a lot of the orders took so long.

10. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I've met Venkstra in person and he's a cool cat. His gold bug head is the second order I've made with him through his site (I pre-ordered it back in Sept of last year) and if it's like the last order, it'll take 3 to 4 weeks for it to reach me in the North Eastern US, from the date in his invoice.

As others have suggested, double check your spam folder.

Remember that he's a one man operation and with the volume of orders he's processing for the gold bug kits, it's going to take him some time to get them all handled.

11. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    Checked the spam folder and nothing.

And just to be clear I am in no way slamming him or his business
    . I was only inquiring on how long the process is? I haven't heard anything nor gotten replies back and I wait days at a time.

I still look forward very much towards the products I ordered and I realize yes this is a one man feat and process.

Now knowing this I will wait patiently for a reply but if one isn't received in a ample amount of time I will ask for a refund and move on. It's just been very tedious as I pre-ordered right away got skipped over or missed which ever, got put into another batch and forgotten, moved again and actually invoiced and paid and never got a shipping notice and it's now near a month.

A bit aggravating especially knowing that another member a 30min drive away got theirs.

Like I said not knocking his quality,efforts,willingness,or character. Just investigating and a bit of venting.

12. Outsider4Life

Outsider4Life Where R all the RI fans?

like everyone has already said, Venksta is someone you can count on. I've placed multiple orders for his stuff(have most of the kits he's released and weapons on order) and have never been disappointed. there is usually a wait due to him being one person and casting in batches, but his high quality products are always worth the wait. I suggest you email or pm him if you have any issues.

13. originaljk

originaljk Technobot

Try emailing him directly through the renderform website. He will answer back but it will take a day or two. Also make sure to include the invoice number and email address like it says when requesting specific information on the order.

14. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    RodimusDawg, your email has been replied to now.

If anyone else is not happy with their experience with Renderform, feel free to post and let others know here. I appreciate all negative feedback, as it helps plan the future items for me, and how to offer them.

15. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

Every time I see anyone complain about shipping or something, I'm terrified you'll just go "fine, screw it, no nice things for anyone!!" and quit selling your great products. Stay strong, man! :) 

16. RodimusDawg

News Credits:
    Complain? I never complained about anything. Inquired yes. But never have I said this is crap or bs or lame, because I DON'T FEEL THE WAY TOWARDS THE SITUATION.

I will say yes I have gotten to the point of impatience but that is part of running a business. I wasn't aware of any other delays and the problems being solved. I am not trying to start anything by any means I was only asking a question of if I missed something or not. And I did he got sick, it happens part of life. There isn't anything to stay strong about.

Venksta is very respectful,talented,and skilled individual. I'm sure he has already established himself and my small inquiry about delay isn't going to send him off the deep end and shut down Renderforms.

17. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    I have nothing but good things to say about Venksta. When the Darkwing heads took forever, he threw in guns with all the Goldbug heads for everyone who'd ordered Darkwing.

Man, I have so many of Venksta's weapons now...

18. IceWilly

IceWilly Technobot

I THOUGHT my package was lost because it was taking a long time. It came a few days later (it was 100% not a new shipment) It just takes a long long time to get here from him to the states.

Great guy though, nothing to worry about there. He will make everything right if something happens.

19. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Sometimes Venksta has a hard time sticking to schedules. But considering he's a one man operation I think that's understandable. He's an incredibly busy guy running his business all by himself. His stuff is top notch and so is his customer service. If you keep in touch with him on stuff that seems to be taking longer than it should to get to you he's very helpful and often throws in little extras to make up for the inconvenience. He's a good guy, he definitely won't screw you over. Sometimes it just takes longer than he anticipates when getting stuff sent, cos he's running everything on his own.

20. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To ease the minds of those that are waiting for items from Venksta. I was one of the early bird pre-orders of the Gold Scout upgrade kit and Venksta sent me a shipping notice on 03/18/2012. I am in Miami, Florida and just received the kit yesterday, 04/20/2012. It took over a month to arrive, but it arrived safe and sound, and is completely worth the wait. I have ordered every new head kit that Venksta has produced and love them all. The quality is excellent, they always work well and all are items that fans really want. Gold Scout is no exception. This is an excellent sculpt that captures the badass nature of the character. Hang in there and you will not be disappointed.