Remy's BW 10th Ann. Primal Gallery is up

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Bendimus Prime, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    LINK: http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act413/

Overall I dig this figure. I like the head sculpt, and the hoverboard held like a proton cannon, while awkward, is still kinda cool.

And not to worry, there is no cyber-key butt plug this time, though he does look like he's got a shaved ass in bot mode:
    [​IMG]

2. Viper_486

Viper_486 Cobraaa!

Unlike BW10 Megatron (who friggin rocks!) this figure barely rates a "Meh".
    If I have to buy him in a 2 pack to get Megs, I'll get him, but otherwise I'll likely pass.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    sure looks simple...

4. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    ....not moved.

5. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

He's kinda growing on me. I still wish he had his swords and mace. Megatron is a must buy at the first sighting though.

6. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

I like it, he doesn't work as well as Megatron in being more related to the original toy/character but still looks pretty good together and when stood with the other primals. Not sure about the rocket surf board/missile launcher as his only weapon, but as remy showed there is plebty you can do with it!

I'll pick the pair of them up if the price is right.

7. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    It doesn't really look like any of the previous Primals, but makes a pretty good modern iteration. I like it.

8. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I'm still not terribly happy with his beast mode (mainly the face) or the light gray. Primal has typically been portrayed with darker hair in beast mode, right?

But, I love the robot head sculpt, he's very nicely articulated and detailed, and I'm not skipping one BWX figure when I have/am getting the other 7.

And THIS makes me very happy.

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Also, it would appear we could be seeing a Botcon exclusive gallery soon, as Remy has one of the Botcon cyber keys.

On another note, Primals monkey mode looks like ass, but brilliant compared to the deluxe BM Primal.
    But I'm still concerned a little as to the size of the newer deluxes.
    I mean, Primal and Megs are roughly the same height as the Robotmasters versions, which are a fair chunk smaller that most deluxes, even bordering on scout size.
    Even Classic Astro, the same height as the original Astro, who was tiny.

Is Hasbro making the figures smaller again to comply with financing or something?

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I like it. Nowhere near as good as Megatron, but still worth getting IMO.

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think it'll probably be a quite enjoyable toy, though it doesn't have quite the same "Classics-style update" feel that Megatron did for me.

A few things that would've improved BW10 Primal in my eyes:
    . Better gorilla face sculpt, and lose that tiara crest thing
    . Improve the robot face paint job (red eyes, blue in mouth area)
    . Flip-up shoulderpads for robot mode.

It's kinda wierd to look at the images of BW10th Primal and Megatron together, as they look like different styles of toy to me. Megatron looks like a BW/Cybertron crossbreed, while Primal comes dangerously close to seeming like a BM/Armada cross.

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Primal's alright. Not as nice as Megatron though. I agree with Feralstorm that they both look like they were made with two different styles in mind... and whoever thought up Primal must have been smoking some good shit.

The whole zen gorilla thing should have been left out and the fact that they left out half of his weapons was just freakin' rediculous. At least the back kibble could have been usefull for storage of his swords and flip up shoulder rockets. I mean... all the weapons that the original toy had were part of what made it cool. I also don't like the surfboard, I always preferred his rockets, I didn't like the transmetal one either though so it's not a surprise.

Is it just me or does it seem that Primal's Cyber Key gimmick was an after thought. While Megatron's is integrated (decently) into the actual toy... Primal's had to be integrated into an accessory. Makes me wonder if Primal was actually developed first of the two and than they said... hey what if the BW 10th line doesn't sell well? And went from there.

13. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I dig it, and if the figure's cheap, I can certainly use that head else where for a 'bash

14. jazz1914

jazz1914 moonbase survivor

me likes! no complaints at all (so far). coppin' 'em!

15. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

UGH, if only he were colored right he might be worth it, as is his color combos suck, to little black and WAAY to much unneeded grey, if he was only colored like original Primal he might very well be worth it, but as is i'll either have to skip or make sure i got enough black paint and a better color for the gorrilla face, his robot head ain't blue enough either.

16. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Does absolutely nothing for me. I think I'll just wait and get that TRU two-pack with (hopefully) the Japanese BWR remolds.

17. butz

butz slippery when wet

I think I'm in the minority on this one, and actually like it (so far).

18. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    His bot-mode head sculpt is really nice, and his accessories are great, but his colors are absolutely putrid, they dont flow at all. I'm with the majority on the "Megatron is a lot better, but I'd rather just buy the ultra-sized 2 pack"

19. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

FS:

Yeah, I'd agree with 3.5 of these 4 points...except that I think his new gorilla face is acceptable on its own merits. I do prefer BW-OP's cuter gorilla visage. The tiara might be better with different colors. I'd say his ape mode needs to be darker overall, too, and with a lot more black. Black with a silver back would be quite an improvement, because the sculpt is very nice.

20. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wonder why they decided to go with a homage to Big Convoy with the surfboard that resembles the Big Cannon. If you look at the end of it you can see what I mean, the first thing I thought was about the Big Cannon. Though I think I can see some similarities to Lio Convoy, in just the overall design choices. I guess they thought if they could barrow some of the design ideas from fan favorite Japanese exclusive figures that it would be sucessful.