Customs: Removing Tracks flames

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by cyclonus8, Aug 26, 2011.

1. cyclonus8

cyclonus8 Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm new here and need advice. How would I go about removing the flame tampo from Generations Tracks? It is a little diffferent than the other tampos I've removed because it is a little raised. I'm afraid sanding could get messy because of the vents. Would dipping it in alcohol or Pinesol do the trick? How about rubbing it with paint thinner? I also need to get the paint off of Wheeljack but I think a rubbing with paint thinner will take care of that.

2. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Welcome to TFW2005!

I have no idea how well this would work, since it does sometimes work, but not always, but you could just try rubbing it really hard with a pencil eraser. It would take a lot of work, but (if it works) it wouldn't require any chemicals, which in my opinion would make it worth the physical effort.

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

4. cyclonus8

cyclonus8 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'm asking because this tampo is slightly raised and seems more stubborn than most. I guess I'll go the alcohol route first.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Honestly, I'm not sure if it was just the Tracks I got or if it's all of em, but it was a pain in the tailpipe to try to remove these flames. My usual bag of tricks really didn't work well, and I even resorted to Easy Off for the first time. I eventually ended up getting most of them off, but there was still some residue left. I ended up painting over what little bit of trace was left, and it's still barely noticeable. The flame sticker I used covered most of it though.