Customs: Removing Tracks flames

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by cyclonus8, Aug 26, 2011.

  1. cyclonus8

    cyclonus8 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2011
    Posts:
    307
    Trophy Points:
    87
    Likes:
    +1
    Hi, I'm new here and need advice. How would I go about removing the flame tampo from Generations Tracks? It is a little diffferent than the other tampos I've removed because it is a little raised. I'm afraid sanding could get messy because of the vents. Would dipping it in alcohol or Pinesol do the trick? How about rubbing it with paint thinner? I also need to get the paint off of Wheeljack but I think a rubbing with paint thinner will take care of that.
     
  2. Optimus1138

    Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2011
    Posts:
    3,503
    News Credits:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    151
    Likes:
    +7
    Ebay:
    Welcome to TFW2005!

    I have no idea how well this would work, since it does sometimes work, but not always, but you could just try rubbing it really hard with a pencil eraser. It would take a lot of work, but (if it works) it wouldn't require any chemicals, which in my opinion would make it worth the physical effort.
     
  3. Satomiblood

    Satomiblood Prototype Black

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2007
    Posts:
    19,630
    Trophy Points:
    267
    Likes:
    +99
  4. cyclonus8

    cyclonus8 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2011
    Posts:
    307
    Trophy Points:
    87
    Likes:
    +1
    Thanks! I'm asking because this tampo is slightly raised and seems more stubborn than most. I guess I'll go the alcohol route first.
     
  5. Superquad7

    Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

    Joined:
    May 19, 2003
    Posts:
    48,105
    News Credits:
    11
    Trophy Points:
    397
    Likes:
    +264
    Honestly, I'm not sure if it was just the Tracks I got or if it's all of em, but it was a pain in the tailpipe to try to remove these flames. My usual bag of tricks really didn't work well, and I even resorted to Easy Off for the first time. I eventually ended up getting most of them off, but there was still some residue left. I ended up painting over what little bit of trace was left, and it's still barely noticeable. The flame sticker I used covered most of it though.
     

Share This Page