Customs: Removing the red paint on WST RedAlert.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Okay, some day I'm going to be repainting my WST Red-Alert into Clampdown. What's the best method for removing the red paint and just have the white on there?
    All I really need to do is remove the red and the Fire-Chief graphics, and then paint on Clampdown's black graphics. "Think Prowl".

So, what's the best method? What grit sand-paper do you suggest for sanding off the red? Can I just sand off the red and paint the black, or would I need to prime it, and repaint the entire thing white?

2. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    If the plastic itself is white, letting the parts soak in about 90% Isopropyl (rubbing) Alcohol ought to get the paint off. Otherwise, you can rub it off with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (or generic equivalent). It won't leave any scratches, but it'll scuff just enough to turn the gloss finish of the plastic matte.

3. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Thank you, I'll try that. I've completely taken apart Red-Alert into all his components so it should be easier to do this.
    I just want to get rid of all the graphics on this figure and have a fresh-white canvas.

4. aurascope

aurascope Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i second the 99% Isopropyl (rubbing) Alcohol