Removing the Justice Plug from Masterpiece Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Victorysabre, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    Anyone have some tips or step by steps? It wouldn't bother me so much except that it keeps the add-on kit from slipping on all the way. So I mostly want to remove the plug from the Megatron gun himself, but if someone knows how to remove the plug on the add-on kit also, that'd be great.

2. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

I used a pair of pliers. Not the flat part, but the pointy gripping area further back. Then while applying pressure I slowly rotated the plug until it started to come out. There's still some orange residue in the barrel, and I scratched up the end a little more than I would've liked, but I wasn't anticipating it being glued in there. Oh well, not like I'm planning on selling it...

That sounds a little vague/obvious, but I spent a stressful hour trying different tools around the house. At one point I even tried a corkscrew. It's already such a fragile toy, it sucks to have to perform surgery on it.

3. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    Thanks! That worked brilliantly and I got them off without hurting Megs or the add-on.