Customs: Removing Legends Bumblebee's head

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Venksta, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Anyone ever tried and successfully removed the head on Legend's Classics Bumblebee? From looking at it, it seems like a separate piece from the body, and attached from behind. I'm looking for tips on the best way to remove it with out damaging anything.

2. STRAKER454

STRAKER454 Police Box Traveler

Surprised nobody answered. Thing is on mine I was looking at the same thing. Problem is that they appear to use a very strong glue that practically fuses the plastic together. I don't think it's possible without pretty much just ripping it off unless whomever assembled it at the factory didn't use a lot of glue.

3. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:

It's not glue. They use a sealing process using heat. Usually automated. The same process removes seam lines.

Jewelers saw works wonders.

4. STRAKER454

I would have to disagree in that mine has a distinctive glue blob on it. I know they use a heat sear on some parts of many toys but this one to me looks distinctly glued though I could be wrong.

5. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's glue. I just pried it off or pulled it off. Can't remember, really. I just remember it actually came off a lot easier than I thought it would. I repositioned it a bit because I transform mine a little differently than it's actually supposed to be transformed. The repositioned head alleviated the awkward pose it would have been in had I left it.

6. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    huh weird. I had thought there was a regulation against the use of glue on toys.

7. STRAKER454

It could depend on the type pf glue. I'll know more when I take the head off the Gold Bumblebee figure i have for an upgrade. That toy may not be able to heat seal the parts due to the paint on it. My only other thinking on heat sealing parts is that they would have to be very precise on some of them to get the fine edge and not anywhere else. I know that Mattel uses glue on their DC Universe toys as I find glue on those things constantly when it drips on the figure so I can't imagine that Hasbro couldn't use glue as well.

8. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    on both versions I've had, the head popped off with minimal force. The glue really isn't very strong.