Customs: Removing Crossover Wolverine's Head

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Autobot Burnout, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Hey all, I've got this great little custom planned for the X-over's Wolverine mold, but the problem is I want to add a face plate, and so I need to remove whatever it is that is his chin. Due to the head only being on a swivel joint, I can't simply pop that head off and Dremel it's chin away to clear the way for the styryne strips. I also do not want to have to try and unscrew the whole body (I already tried dissasembling the legs, the screws would not budge at all!) if possible, so if anyone's modified the head of this figure at all, I'd appreciate some tips about how to do this!

2. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Take a soldering iron to the bottom of the head (where the one-sided pin is). The head slides off like butter. :thumb 

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Okay, if I have to unscew the whole body to get to the head, then that's what I'll do. But if there's any way on how to remove the head without having to access the bottom of the head, I'd like to go that route if possible as I'm not quite sure how to re-attach the moddified head if I do have to remove the pin.