Customs: Removing classics SS head for P/CP face swap?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by misternewuzer, Dec 2, 2011.

1. misternewuzer

misternewuzer Predacon Secret Police

Hey there, anyone had any experience removing the Head from Classics Sideswipe? I took the screw out but I dont think it was holding anything in place but the light piping, I dont see a noticeable seam anywhere... I can't tell if the head is just on a balljoint either, and I dnt want to risk ripping it off and breaking the neck in the process...

I have a Cybertron Downshift face I'd like to put on the back of SS' head. This custom is almost done, someone please help!

2. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    iirc its on a ball joint, i did a quick headswap from henkei red alert to my custom g2 swipe

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

It's a ball-joint. I find the Lambor heads pop off pretty easy with a bit of pull. I swap them all the time without removing the screw.

I also think that you should be able to get them apart by removing the screw, and using a bit of prying. I don't recall any of them ever being glued shut.

Interesting idea for Punch/Counterpunch. The biggest thing to watch out for is the amount of space in the compartment in Sideswipe's chest. If you make the head any thicker, it might not fit inside very well.

zmog