Remolding the MPM Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Seth Sunthay, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Barnabus Clank

Barnabus Clank Well-Known Member

Sadly, i think that by shrinking the central portion of the tank to a size that will allow the end caps to slide in, you will loose too much, and it would be very noticeable. Although you could have it compress then slide, but this would requier a lot to figure out

2. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

I was going to say the swappable tanks could work based on Actar's transformation video, but no now I see how the change you've made in the toolbox folding away would make that difficult.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  3. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    It's accurate enough, no worries. Seriously if I can put that backpack on my Prime I will be 100% satisfied

4. ib4cx3pt

ib4cx3pt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone talked about adding panels to the rear of the cab to fill in the gaps behind the headache rack. those panels could hinge and fold with the backpack and fold so that four panels were on his back not just two.
    IMG_1166.PNG
    IMG_1163.PNG

This picture was taken from the video game Forged to fight. Notice the back panels have two layers one blue which would be the part behind the headache rack and one with flames which would be the sides of the cab.

BTW this picture can be rotated so if anyone wants to see it from any other angle let me know and i can post it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    what about the shoulderpads? they are mostly flap but they should have at least a panel on the front to make them look proper

• Like Like x 1
  6. Megatron118

News Credits:
    Would it be possible to make new hip ratchets for him? I feel like that is more important than splitting tires or flip around abs or whatever. Because I saw Ben's review, and the fact that the hips are that floppy is a shame.

7. f-primusunicron

News Credits:
    ok so more or less what is being designed is, from what i can tell, new backpack pieces and gass tanks, new tires, ...abs? maybe a rotating piece so one could also change to dotm abs as well
    shoulderpads is another needed thing

knuckles, maybe? some that just slide over his hand, or even ask fakebuster to make his hand set compatible? or maybe not

guns, better guns, that maybe collapse into....something, i really dont like the gun the figre comes with
    ratchets for the hips would be cool but i dont know if it is even possible

8. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    Okay, this is the biggest point if confusion in this thread. Is this planned as an add on for the mpm, or will it be a whole new figure?

@BLNadal, @Barnabus Clank, @Seth Sunthay. You guys are in charge here. I tagged you all so we can be sure to get a solid answer. :D 

9. LTprime98

LTprime98 Well-Known Member

I also w
    I also want this to look like the dotm version and get sreen accurate weapons

10. Oktiduz

Oktiduz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Another idea if you don't mind. The bumper and the taillights are showing on the back of the robot mode. Would it be possible to hide it by ROTATING the rear bumper piece around and there would be molded detail on the other side of it? Honestly, I don't have the figure, but I'm wondering if that is possible.

11. Megatron118

News Credits:
    Guys it's ADD-ONS, not a new figure. It's a new backpack primarily, and a bunch of smaller changes (that I'd also like clarification on)

But it's definitely just add-on parts

• Like Like x 3
  12. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty sure they're designing this so alien attack can produce a woke lmao whole figure. I'm not sure how well an add on kit the requires a lot of disassembly would sell. That's a lot of pins to remove, if I'm not mistaken.

13. BLNadal

BLNadal Space Monkey

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    you're right, whole new figure!

• Like Like x 10
  14. NEOLAB

NEOLAB Obsessed with Robots

There really aren't any issues that truly kill me about this figure. :rolleyes: 

MPM3 is on its way, but I am waiting on MPM4. I want him, but I (well, can't afford it seeing how I am getting married in two days... Oh savings, please don't hate me...) want to see how the takara release does, if not any better, AA here I come. Honestly though, the backpack is the only REAL issue I have. The flames on the arms are fine to me. The truck sucks, but... you know, water under the bay bridge...

The only thing is the red rear finders hanging down behind him from the front view. I am following to see how all of this turns out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. f-primusunicron

News Credits:
    ¬_¬ i have seen addons that almost replace entire figures and this is not it

• Like Like x 2
  16. sideswipe29

sideswipe29 Collect what makes you happy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Just read through this entire thread and I have to commend you guys. It takes real talent to be able to visualize all of these parts and see/engineer how they all need to move and fit together.

It's impressive stuff and I'm really loving reading the discussion. I myself really don't like MPM Prime and have been saving up money for an APS-01U but if this goes to full production, I may just have to purchase it.

Alien Attack did a fantastic job with Dino and I can't wait to see what comes from all of this. Keep it up guys!

• Like Like x 5
  17. Barnabus Clank

Barnabus Clank Well-Known Member

These are intended to be an add on kit. I designin the backpack and shoulders, and depending on interest, i have a forearm replacement and chest/ab replacement im designing as well :) 

• Like Like x 5
  18. Oktiduz

Oktiduz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I am very excited with the ideas you are coming up with. Thank you for being so generous. I believe that I can contribute something to the tanks on the side of the truck. I believe that the CGI tanks on the back of the robot is actually the exact size and look as it is in vehicle mode. It only looks different because the red pieces hide part of it and it is shifted slightly down in robot mode. I have no doubt you already have ideas on how to fix this. Just thought this would be helpful.

19. Megatron118

News Credits:
    Wait what? The front page says it's only add-on parts. And Barnabus Clank is only making parts. Unless alien attack plans on making a whole new figure on their own? I really don't think a new figure is necessary. The base MPM Prime is fine, it just needs some tweaked parts

• Like Like x 3
  20. NEOLAB

NEOLAB Obsessed with Robots

I agree. The backpack is #1 priority if we are doing anything, though.

• Like Like x 2