Heavy/Scratch: Remolding the MPM Prime (Alien Attack)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Seth Sunthay, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    true dat

At this point, if it turns to be a 100% original design it needs to be accurate as possible like UT lockdown, if it doesn't turn well, mpm prime is still with us.

Not faux parts please

• Like Like x 3
  2. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 MPM-5, take MPM-3 down a peg or 2.

News Credits:
    Wow I am not getting good vibes here. I don't want to jump to conclusions here, but
    • AlienAttack originally accepted input, with you, BLNadal, and Barnabus Clank heading the design
    • One day, they just decide to rescind on that promise
    • Now they want input again
    Sounds almost like they're removing the credits from all of your inspirations combined together. I hope this isn't the case

• Like Like x 1
  3. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Trust me, it isn't a bad state, our main problem at first is that we didn't have skills to design, the first props i made looked so terrible, that i deleted their files, it used all the ideas from this thread, new forearm's panels and abs to be someway more accurate, bigger gas tanks, bigger fenders, accurate headlights position, etc, but it just didn't worked, and i hoped that AA would be able to do it, but then BLNadal received a message from AlienAttack saying that they were messing with the mpm prime and due all the rivets and pins, all the remould would be hard to do or pointless.
    That's why they will make an original design, however they wanted us to be the designers......

• Like Like x 2
  4. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 MPM-5, take MPM-3 down a peg or 2.

News Credits:
    Thanks for the clarification

I would hope that you 3 get to be the officially credited designers. I thought AlienAttack rescinded their offer because they wanted to skip town and make the MPM-04 without all your names attached to it. Personally, I'm sick of companies releasing designs without crediting the original designers (this has happened within Mattel), and seeing things built with the inspiration of another designer (ala WJ & Black Apple) adds more credence to a design in my books. I want the figure to be good, but the biggest selling point I want is the concept that the new figure is a community creation, something that speaks to me on a carnal level

I'm probably rambling at this point, but I hope you can understand the perspective I am coming from

• Like Like x 5
  5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    glad you hear that you guys are back in contact with the company. I really think that, overall, the things discussed amongst this thread are more than enough information provided already. If they can take the basics of the official, apply a little bit more of the DMK bulk to it, they'll be ok.

Obviously they can't make a perfect movie model transform. But if they can bulk the legs up a little more, compress the sleeper panels and tanks to somehow.. shrink a little, they'll be in good shape.

Speaking of the tanks, maybe taking half of each to somehow transform into the actual weapons might be a good way to help brings their mass down? Do something like the buster prime did, but with half the tanks?? Could put the rear fenders onto slides that would allow them to compress closer to the halves left on the panels. Or possibly even have part of the fenders transform with the tank halves to form those outer panels that are supposed to be on his guns that run along the outside of his arms, and maybe that could allow the remaining pieces the unfold to better mimic the red pieces that cover the back end of the tanks left on the back. Or maybe that's all a little over complicated on such a small scale. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yohan PLMIXMB

Yohan PLMIXMB Hi!

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    (IMO) I just think this optimus needs "stronger arms" and a little thighs, maybe he will show you some ideas for my earlier custom with rotf leader optimus

• Like Like x 1
  7. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Wich custom.

• Like Like x 1