Remind Me Again Why They Have Guns?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Pravus Prime, May 25, 2012.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Anyone? Outside of occasional fodder fights, guns in this series are absolutely useless.

In the last part of Orion Pax, Megatron takes hits from team prime, including Optimus, and at best has the slight force back when he got hit, no damage, not even a scratch.

Dreadwing takes several shots in his debut episode, but they don't even slow him down.

In the Toxicity promo, Hardshell takes repeated shots from Bulkhead, and it doesn't even add to his paint scratches.

And so forth.

Outside of the unusually weak en masse troopers, guns have done absolutely nothing in this series in terms of battle against another Transformer.

Blades and Starscreams fingers on the other hand... weapons of destruction there. But guns? Forget about 'em.

2. vatarian

vatarian SPIDER8ITCH

Plot armor.

3. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those weapons all pale in comparison to the earth shattering might of trees.

4. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    The real reason they have guns? Simple, so that they can make toys with cool guns on them so that they will sell more of them.

It is a shame though that guns seem so useless in the show. Reminds me of the TF07: The Game where melee was the only way to go if you wanted to do decently.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Because Animated didn't have guns and it so so terrible oh wait.

I have no fucking clue. They're all so generic looking/sounding and useless. I think there's maybe two different laser blast noises among the entire cast. They're all simple geometric shapes cobbled together with glowing highlights and all have the same bolt shape and "shockwave" hit effect. Characters block hits with just their arms, and even Ratchet doesn't flinch when hit from behind sometimes. They're absolutely worthless and all the fights including them are boring and usually evolve into must more interesting melee brawls.

6. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another good excuse as to why it would be great to see a mostly melee fighter; Grimlock in Prime. His sword and shield combo would do wonders.

But that's not to say long range weapons are useless. Even bee stings can incapacitate if you get hit a lot. Besides, if they only rely on melee weapons(without a means to avoid getting hit by projectiles) they'd get hit dozens of times before they're in range to start dealing damage.

Their projectile weapons may not be the be all and end all of their battles. But it might provide good set up and cover to deliver more devastating attacks.

7. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    The guns seem to only really work against less armored people or guys that have really strong guns ( laserbeak, megatron, optimus, dreadwing. ) dreadwing blasted a hole in wheeljack's arm. megatron almost killed arcee when he shot her, optimus shot screams arm off, scream knocked out bb with his gun, laserbeak shot down the jackhammer, megatron the shot insecticon in the chest blasting it back. insecticons are shot down easy when flying, when arcee got shot by a vehicon it actually hurt her. optimus kills vehicons in one shot. guns seem pretty useful but mele weapons get the job done definitely

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dreadwing, Megatron and Hardshell are all supposed to be powerful though, they are literally bigger than everybody else in the show.

Everytime Arcee and Bumblebee get shot they're out of the game for a good time, Bulkhead gets sent flying away by fusion cannon, Starscream crashed and got heavily injured after a laser blast, laser blasts were effective against Airachnid in every fight she had with Arcee, Laserbeak takes spaceships down with shots and yadda yadda yadda.

Nobody flat out died from a shot yet except maybe the Starscream clones but they actualy ARE effective in fights when it's not aimed at gigantic assholes like Megatron, there's some animation errors like stuff bouncing off Ratchet without him even noticing it but they are not useless by any means.

9. King0722

King0722 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You just wait until they go a feature length movie to bring us TFP Hot Rod, Kup, and Springer.

Those guns are gonna randomly get a loooooooooooot stronger.

tl;dr? Yeah, like was said before...plot armor.

10. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

At least they can hit each other, unlike G1 where guns were generally worthless because the troops aiming them couldnt hit the broad side of a barnyard from the inside.

11. Manchester3

Manchester3 Well-Known Member

This issue has been bugging be for a long time. Especially in Loose Canons where Dreadwing's gun could not even destroy the containers!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  12. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Surely, it's just continuing the longstanding Transformers tradition of guns being utterly useless in Transformers cartoons.

13. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    Airachnid got StarScream's missile and seemed to be not very damaged. I think, SS could hit her head and end that.
    The guns, probably, supply from the TransFormers sparks? Mean, the source of energy isn't that powerful, initially.

And it makes sence, if their powers root from the Cybertronian Core: it gives its creatures a possibility to protect themselves, but not to kill each other.

14. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Forest´s trees can take any gun damage and even sustain Airachnid´s weight.

15. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    It's transformers, they say "fuck you" to physics in every medium.

That said the guns were put in because people bitched that they didn't have them in Animated. So they put them in to shut them up, but also made them do jack shit so we would get more hand to hand battles instead of boring cover shootem-ups.

16. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Thats pretty funny.

I think that everytime I watch an episode... ha!

They all have guns. But they never do much damge. If they hit at all!

Thier aim is terrible for a million year old combat machine... ha!

Reminds me when I used to watch GI JOE as a kid (in the 80s).

An elite military group that never got shot / killed. And everytime a plane was destroyed you ALWAYS saw the pilot parachutte safely to the ground. Hillarious!

ha!

Oh, by the way, this is a kid's TV show... In case we all forgot.... ha!

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Guns are always useless in almost anything and I think it's just easier to animate and get the animation done on time and keep in the budget.

Like I said, I'd perfer if the show was in 2-D hand drawn.

18. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah. This isn't anything new.

19. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Yeah, because nobody has ever been damaged by guns in a Transformers sh...

BW: Dinobot Dies - YouTube

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I figure they have guns because they're at war? Who ever heard of a war without guns or the like?

A cartoon aimed at kids isn't going to have guns shoot anything to shreds, is it? This is most likely why we don't see guns doing much damage. Had they actually caused great damage, I'm sure the rating would go way up and the airing time would most likely be pushed back to late night TV, which wouldn't be seen by their target market.