Remember when there were commercials for individual TF figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MGX, Jul 22, 2008.

1. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like for MOTU's Sy-Klone with the high production values with the lighting and smoke machine. "He-Man, He-Man!" begining ever commercial.

Or the Sectaurs "mini-series" of commercials that ended in a cliff hanger each commercial. I remember Pinsor was trapped underneath a paralysing net while the 3 suns of Symbion baked him to death.

Or Transformers and G.I. Joe having specific Sunbow animation or a new jingle for every major new character or groups of characters. "Powermaster Optimus Prime, greatest leader of his time!" "Headmaster Transformers--they have the power to surprise!"

Share your memories!

2. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Though TF's has stuck with me longer, I was also a huge fan of G.I. Joe and I seem to remember their commercials much more vividly... kids playing on dirt mounds with gliders and Serpentor Chariots in their hands... The Crimson Guard Commanders (Tomax and Xamot) whizzing down their overhead cable to the ground below to drop on to a Cobra Ferret (basically a heavily armed Quad Runner) like a couple of cowboys jumping down to land on their horses!!! Great stuff.

Oooo, actually what just came to mind was the Cpt. Power ads. I never really got into it (watched some episodes). But the first ads for it that I recall were set up like you really seeing an ad for maybe a household cleaner or something, and then the "transmission" of said commercial would break up and be interruppted by Cpt. Power or sometimes even the main villian (no clue now what his name was) delivering some doom filled message. Good stuff!

3. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

4. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I remember wanting the playsets these kids were playing on. The Bridgelayer commercial for G.I.Joe even had a miniature river.