Remember when Hasbro used to have the most anticipated releases?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by roy_flagg00, Dec 30, 2011.

1. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

What does Hasbro have coming out that looks as good as the third party stuff?
    Damn............

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    TOYFAIR?

They have the whole PRIME line. Generations is coming back with new moulds. TT is pumping out Encore again and from what I know at least some of the items will excite most.

3rd party release info whenever. Hastak usually does so at shows. We have very little knowledge about what Hasbro has in store for 2012. Add to this that Hasbro has done wonders stopping leaks.

I love 3rd party, possibly more than the next guy, but you can't slam Hasbro. Buy a Prime toy and try to slam them (not BB lol)

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Pretty much the entire Prime toy line has got me more pumped than the dozens of teaser posters I've seen from 3rd party groups, which we won't see made into products for another year at the minimum.

3rd party products are the shit, but Hasbro still takes the cake for me.

4. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    The entire prime line?

Really I don't get how this is even a question.

5. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:

I don't think we're actually allowed to disagree with him.

6. Strarf

Strarf Toy Battles Reloaded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh, yay, another Hasblow sucks thread. :rolleyes2 

7. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

The thing is, while 3rd party stuff is aimed directly at fans of the older series who are into the uber-wanky 80s stuff, we are in a market marked by Hasbro as 'Other' or 'Last Resort.' It's stuff to patch up holes in the market, and right now the market is small. When buying season comes, we'll get another bone or 2 thrown our way.

We've not been the target audience for a very, very long time. Some are satisfied with our trickle, others aren't. Be glad we get anything at all.

8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    A whole toyline, Prime.

"BUT DAT DOESNT COUNT BECAUSE..."

9. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The whole prime line, Deluxe Leadfoot, Wheelquejack, soundwave, the ever speculated miradinoge, HA Soundwave, prime with trailer. Generations line continuation plus stuff hasbro has not made known for 2012 yet.

Yeah I guess there isn't much thats anticipated. :rolleyes: 

And as an extra, it's not hasbro, and I'm not much of a 3rd party person (usually its cash related) but Maketyos giant looks like it might be pretty bad ass.

10. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Apart from feeling a bit unpolished, even Bumblebee is impressive. The other stuff is just that much more awesome than he is.

11. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't wait for the other figures in the line to come out. Come on, where's our voyager Bulk and Prime, CJ and the entertainment pack here in the US?!

12. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll admit that a few years ago, the emerging third party stuff looked so great and was out of my price range that it helped cause me to lose interest in TFs in general.

After slowing down for a while, Hasbro's done some quality stuff that's gotten me really excited all over again.

I'm not sure it's a fair comparison when it's Hasbro alone vs. several 3rd party companies that are catering specifically to collectors while using Hasbro-related ideas. If 45 burger stands opened up in McDonald's parking lot and sold a similar hamburgers that catered to McDonalds fans, those fans would naturally be less excited about waiting in the drive thru that's got to take it's time serving the casual customers.

13. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This post is pretty ridiculous. There have been a lot of great figures released in the last couple years by hasbro.

14. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    agreed, but i think the stopping of leaks has killed a lot of excitement for their product, i was always excited to see a new video review of anything coming out before, now we only get the shows of mistrasformed toys behind glass doors, the video reviews don't even come until after the toys are released, still a couple weeks, but i haven't had the anticipation for new toys like i did with animated and universe 2.0, even if the generations toys were better than them

15. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I don't think Hasbro thinks that little of us. Many say we are 10% and worthless and to a degree yes. We can't keep hasbro afloat but we do matter. If we didn't matter there would be NO Hasbro presence at any convention and these guys go to a lot of TF Cons. I wouldn't consider TFCon Toronto to be a massive show (Like SDCon or Fan Expo in Toronto) but Hasbro is there feeding us pictures and news of future plastic crack.
    You also need to remember that Classics was an 8 figure test line. Sure the general public had to buy these things up but at the end of the day it was Hasbro trying to cater to us G1 fans as best they could. They got mad sales (that was the only way they would continue) and now by 2012 we will have the 84 cast...bring on Trailbreaker baby.

Hasbro likes us and caters to us but they are ruled by the almighty dollar and need large numbers to survive. 3rd party can survive off us 10% due to small runs, small overhead and high prices.

Also when talking Hasbro we must talk Takara and Takara is basically the Adult collector portion of the Transformers franchise. Next year they are gearing up to push Encore very heavily and the return of the MP line with new moulds and characters. ALL G1 which means for the fans.

I only mentioned BB because he is the weakest of the bunch. But being last in a group that is top notch is still top notch.

Stopping the leaks did kill a lot of excitement. By Botcon we got pretty much all the Hasbro news we will get for the year and thats by summer. But between Toyfair (feb? ) and Botcon (summer) the news flies about and the excitement rages on. I like the leaks but, like Hasbro, I personally don't like factory workers stealing a $10 toy and selling it on ebay for $100's. It had to be stopped.

16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I personally just think it's because this fandom has some sort of collective ADD.

It's not so much that Hasbro does nothing to hype us up. It's that after we get our 15-minute high, we're already looking for the next fix.

Just look at the Herc thread. News pops up, and we're all excited. Give it an hour, and it's back to pointless bickering.

People tend to forget just how much Hasbro has given us over the past 5 years or so. For all the lauding of 3rd Party companies as "giving us what we want", they're still playing catch-up to all that Hasbro's given us across the Classics/Universe/Generations lines.

17. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Hey, maybe you should quit collecting. I mean, if you don't like the product. I'm not being shitty, I'm seriously saying, if you don't like it.. there's like.. a lot of other things to collect. As much as I like my 3rd party stuff, and I do.. the vast majority of my collection is and will always be made by Hasbro.

18. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Cuz maybe he don't think PRIME looks as good as not-Ironhide maybe?

Just a thought.

19. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Thank you for a rational post.

20. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

I'm not bothering to check (not sure I want to get into another tf line) but I'm pretty sure you could try the DPCI trick at Target...and see what happens.