Remember those Childhood Dreams

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newguy, Sep 14, 2008.

1. newguy

newguy i

Think back to when you were 13 or so and all those silly dreams. There was always one that you really thought could come true. For me (i am 13 so its a current dream) it's to buy a Volkswagen Camper van/ Westfalia and travle around the U.S. or just Colorado and the states around it during the summer. Maybe 3 weeks of just driving around with my good friend Trenton (pickin up girls :D ).
    So what was your cool little dreams you had growin up (preferably car related)?

2. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I once had a dream about a lady and she was naked.

And another time I had a dream where I was being chased by killer bees.

3. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I used to have a dream where King Kong would chase me and no matter how well I hid, he would just rip away a building and find me.

I also used to have a dream about falling down the stairs.

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I used to have regular nightmares about a stone conquistador statue that would chase me around with an axe - he wanted to chop my head off and put it on a sandwich.

5. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

When I was 5, I told my parents that I was going to marry a girl named Jenny and live in Pennsylvania. We lived in Alabama at the time. 25 years later, I live in Pennsylvania and I'm married to a girl named Jessica. Pretty damn close.

6. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    i think he might what your dreams were...wanted to achieve dreams...things you wanted to do

not what you dream about at night lol

i wanted to be a pro skateboarder....yeah that stopped short when i popped a tendon in my foot...havent skated since lol

7. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

I wanted to be an NBA basketball player (how's that for dreamin big?). Unfortunately despite playing on varsity every year of high school and being pretty damn good at the point, my height topped out at 5'11" and when I tried out for Ventura college's team I got beat out by dudes who were my skill set...only much taller, stronger and faster :( .

that's when I decided on a career change. I might not be in the NBA but I still enjoy the game and am active in leagues.

8. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    To grow chest hair.

Boy was that a mistake.

9. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

For me, the only thing I find less interesting that people telling me about their dreams is when people show me pictures of their vacation or children.

10. newguy

newguy i

Well than this is cleary the wrong thread for you. Don't just waste space. :gen069: 

11. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

:lol . This post is full of win!

12. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    F#$%ING BEE DREAMS! Gah, they're the worst.

No lie, my dreams all consist of one or more of the following:

1. Teh Sechs.

2. Having superpowers (usually flying or telekinesis).

3. Finding really old/not-yet-released/unheard-of TFs. (I know, I'm pathetic.)

4. The aforementioned bees. :mad 

5. The ever-popular unexpected final exam in a class I skipped all semester/didn't even know I was enrolled in.

6. An sudden, unexpected, and unwanted drastic increase in the number of cats in my household. (I dunno. My only guess is that these dreams happen while one of my cats is trying and failing to wake me up.)

7. Problems with the house, usually leaks. (I'd say this is due to homeowner anxieties, but I've had this type of dream occasionally since long before I stopped living in apartments.)

Fortunately, numbers 1, 2, and 3 are, by far, the most frequent. Combinations often occur. Happily, #1 and #4 have yet to be in the same dream. The ones with #1 + #2 are AWESOME, though.

13. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had a dream once that I was chased by every power rangers villain, then the white ranger showed up and we kicked some serial ass.
    I was pretty :bay  for a 5 year old.

14. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm getting all my vacation photos ready for your arrival...

"...and this was the time I took a trip to my balls..."

15. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    :lolol 

Methinks most people have misunderstood the thread's purpose: not telling about dreams you've had (in a literal sense) like the one I had once where a monkey beat me playing chess, but rather what your childhood aspirations were--what you dreamed about becoming when you grew up.

I've already lived two of mine:

1. I wanted to sing and travel with a Gospel quartet, and I did that for professionally for nearly 3 years.

2. In the 80's, besides Transformers my other love was a cappella or all-vocal music, and in the late 80's I was introduced to a Gospel group that was actually called "Acappella". I was hooked on their music immediately, and had a dream of one day touring and singing with them in concert. And between 2001-02 I achieved that as well, starting as an intern/roadie where I actually got to open for the group singing with the other interns, and then I was promoted to road manager. And my last tour with them, they invited me on stage to sing backup during concerts.

My other life dreams are:

- to become a full-time actor/entertainer, and it's looking very promising that I may achieve that within the next month.

- to establish myself as a successful, prolific voiceover artist, which is also looking promising with the prospects I have coming up in the next year.

- to do character voices for animated cartoons, but specifically for a Cartoon Network series. I'd be happy with Disney and Nickelodeon or even independently produced cartoons, but to do a voice for a Cartoon Network show would be the fulfillment of a dream I've had since CN first debuted.

16. DMK

DMK Flame-Haired Raptor

Looking back on it, I don't think I really HAD any aspirations as a kid.

.... that explains a few things.

17. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am fascinated by my dreams. I think it's interesting what they mean and why the places I go to in them always somehow seemed to connected (ie I'll wake up and remember a dream from the night before and realize I was in the same place in a dream years before!)

18. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Ever since one of my close friends/brother in blue was killed in the line of duty I have had this dream...................................
    I'm on a traffic stop and the guy pulls a gun and shoot's me under the right arm and goes through my lungs.

The guy gets in his car and drives off leaving me there to die.

I make it back to my car and grab my radio keying up the mic to tell my dispatcher that I have been shot.
    The dispatcher keeps telling me to 10-9 (repeat) my last radio traffic but I'm out of air and cant speak.

A lot of cop's have dreams like this but what really bothers me about is that the dispatcher's voice was the voice of my daughter.

19. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

I wanted to be a fighter pilot since I was 6. Sadly I didn't take the steps needed after highschool to do this. Even though my Air Force Recruiter was more or less begging me to go to college on the military's dime to be an officer and then at least I'd of had a chance at flight school. Instead I enlisted because I was sick of school. I regret it every day. It is the one and only decision I made that I would change. And now that I'm older my window of opportunity has passed me by for this.

20. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

well since i am not a pro soccer player and only a volunteer firefighter. i would still go back in time and punch myself in the head for some of the lamer career decisions i have had that got me to the crap hole i am now in.