Remember. the cartoon had more weird stuff than the movies

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by urrutiap, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

I'd argue that the human mind works best on the edge of insanity, and Hazekiah works on that edge. Not crazy enough, and you end up with mental and creative stagnation. Too insane, and you're like a human version of Season 3 Galvatron.

I'd be down for some more Hazekiah threads. There were definitely threads of his I agreed with, although there were some that were definitely far-fetched, but that's a good thing for this site. Reading about Devastator's parts being the core of RotF is infinitely more interesting than 99% of the threads in the Movie forums. I personally don't think they were the core of the movie, although I do find RotF to be a tribute to the fun and wacky adventures the brand is known for.

• Like Like x 2
  2. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    I love G1 to bits but you can't tell me that the characters had these amazing personalities. They were archetypes that you see all the time. Even the big name characters.

3. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    The good idea he had was arguing with a mod, I think we've all benefited from that streak of genius!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Eh, it was something about how he figured one of Earth's natural resources that Sentinel wanted was water, and something to do with that was how Sentinel positioned the pillars around the Reflecting Pool. Maybe "good" was too generous of me to say, but it was the only idea that didn't have me smashing my head into a desk. And that's not even getting into his really childish stuff in the Movies and Television forum. :lol 

:lol  Perfect!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    :lol  insanity? more like a blend of delusion and boredom! I tried to get on with him a few times, but it's an unrewarding experience, even if you agree on something, he has to be MORE right than you!

I thought the Devastator thread was funny until i realised it wasn't a joke. In fact I thought his conclusion was going to be "because the movie is bollocks!"

He is still around on other websites sprouting similar rubbish, in fact he copied and pasted some of his more useless threads directly into Bays forums, but no one was interested.

I like your threads better GTross!

I got a very suspiciously worded reply to a post of mine the other day, maybe he's still around, wooo :ghost

• Like Like x 5
  6. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Did it say something like, "Who would you be without me, Dan???"

• Like Like x 2
  7. Galvatross

Don't get me wrong, there were things him and I openly disagreed on, but between us it was always respectful. For instance, he thought the KSI Decepticons besides Galvatron were given life by Galvatron, while my position was that Galvatron merely "freed" them from being under human control...they were still lifeless drones and didn't actually have the life and freedom of Cybertronians. Which was exactly the point...they were inferior to Cybertronians.

Although I am glad you like like my threads! In fact, I actually had an insane idea about Unicron that I was going to start a new thread about when I'm not busy with grad school stuff. And for the record, this site wouldn't be the same without you, Hazekiah, CKPRIME, Autobot Burnout, Chopperface, etc. A diversity of personalities and opinions can definitely be fun. Hey, that's the Transfan Pathetic Dirty Foursome, and you makes five! Although then who am I? Hot Rod? Daytrader? Cogman? Brains? :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  8. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    It's honestly fascinating to see the different sub-communities and regular customers that are built up when you visit all sections of the boards like I do.

• Like Like x 3
  9. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Banned

News Credits:
    Is bumble bee spin off a prequel or TF6? im so confused, some of the cast are calling it TF6!

10. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    "Hey guys, the cartoon from 80's which aimed totally for children has this ridiculous moment! The movie isn't that bad, despite, you know, aimed at older and more mature audience. features expensive CGI bot, paid high sum money for actor/actress, and is generally considered something "realistic" than the cartoon!"

This is what I get from the thread, honestly.

The cartoon got away because it's in the 80's, aimed for children, and is totally a 24 mins commercial.

The movie?

• Like Like x 5
  11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    That idea still sounds stupid though - why would the Transformers, a purely mechanical race, want water when they aren't even carbon-based lifeforms?

That's what I disliked most about him - the fact he was not only treating this place like some kind of soapbox to postulate stupid ideas, but that he was so closed minded about it. Literally nothing you ever said would get him to budge, so it was impossible to actually engage in discussion with him where he would even entertain counterpoints or even admit he was wrong (such as, like I mentioned, his complete failure to even name one thing he didn't love unconditionally about the films such that he never did refute my claim he'd love a Transformers film with no robots in it whatsoever, all because it had Transformers in the title). Incidentally I'm pretty sure that's exactly what led to his downfall and banning.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    It's TF6, it's been referred to as TF6 since it was announced. But people around here like to say it's not TF6 because it's not a direct sequel to TLK, even though TLK isn't referred to as TF5 anymore. The direct sequel to TLK, if they dare follow that success, is TF7, and will be until it gets its official name, like for example, Transformers: Even more shit about Knights.

You can go with what the peeps here like to say, or you go with what the people making the films say. Up to you.
    Yeah, I think it was pretty much;

Mod: Please keep on topic

Hazekiah: I think you'll find I was on topic.

Mod: B'bye.

Fin

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    It said "you think CK is your friend? CKPRIME and all his moons belong to me!"

And I said CK belongs to nobody, but then he got really angry, spiteful even!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  14. Dconworshipper

Dconworshipper decepticon

News Credits:
    ahhh that hazekia-something guy.

glad he's gone,not only where his "theories" complete BS but the fact that he spend so much time denying that these films are not masterpieces just made me cringe. ok you can like the films,as that is your right,but to go about them like he did? yeah no. just no.

i bet if he was still around here,he would make up a BS "poetic reason" for that horny old mom scene...

i also swear if the films would be actually great,he would hate them. i could see him saying something like "to much robot screen time and not directed by bay".

still don't know if he was just trolling around the entire time or if he actually meant all that horrible shit he typed down.

• Like Like x 3
  15. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Well there is just the one...

16. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    My biggest problem with this kind of stuff is that the movies had way too much crass and vulgar humor, it felt more like an Adult Swim show than a Transformers franchise. Yes other continuities had their share of potty humor (IMO the lowest form of humor) but it never got to humping dogs/robots and metal testicles levels.

A rhinoceros fart is one thing, a close-up of a man in a thong is another.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think the question isn't so much of if the G1 Transformers or live action Transformers are the deepest most complicated ever crafted in any form of media. But rather how do they compare to both the direct competition and the other forms of entertainment.

For the G1 cartoon the characters were on par with what we were seeing in other cartoons of the era. Someone like Ironhide was on par to someone like Roadblock on GI Joe or Tigra on Thundercats. The 80's were not know for deep characters or deep stories. Movies overall weren't that deep either. You had your Oscar winning films but big films were big on cool but light on things like character. Even TV was known as a vast wasteland because while entertaining TV didn't really give you much to think about. If you wanted deep and something to think about in the 80's people would say read a book nerd.

But how do the live action Transformers compare to other current movies? Ouch and look at how TV has picked up it's game on characters and stories while movies in general keep dropping the ball.

I think some of us are looking for Transformers heroes and villains that could compete for a spot on the best movie heroes and best movies villains list. Not it's about at the low low character standards of the 80's.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Nah, more like "Transformers: The Desperate Search for More Money"

Given how he linked those stupid threads of his all over the internet and behaved the same way from what I can find...I think the guy was serious.

In some ways, I'd say Adult Swim actually has been more tasteful in how it treated use of Transformers...and it had Prime die of Prostate Cancer the one time!

• Like Like x 3
  19. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TBH, I also think KSI robots had some form of sentience. They seemed to comminucate in some way with their brethen, their movements seemed to imply that they were self-aware.

20. Galvatross

There is no doubt they communicate and move around extremely efficiently at times, but I saw that as simply extremely advanced programming by Galvatron and not actual life. Or, as another member put it, they were extensions of Galvatron's will. I think they have BOTH advanced Cybertronian programming and are also extensions of Galvy's will.

Still, I miss Hazekiah, and I would be curious to see what type of threads he would be cooking after TLK. I always enjoyed reading his posts and discussing with him.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.