Remake Blue Swoop for Preorder

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by godbomber, Sep 17, 2010.

1. godbomber

godbomber Henkei != Hentai

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got this email from the toy valley:

We are glad to inform you that we taking pre-order for limited exclusive metallic blue swoop and gold swoop.

For more details please refer to my online shop The Toy Valley

Gen 1 Remake Gold Colour Swoop

Remake Exclusive Gold Colour Swoop - SGD135.00 : The Toy Valley - USD99

The gold colour swoop the wing is chorme with gold, refer to the picture below. And it is limited to 300 pieces worldwide only

Gen 1 Remake Blue Metallic Colour Swoop

Remake Exclusive Blue Metallic Colour Swoop - SGD120.00 : The Toy Valley - USD85

The blue metallic swoop is limited to 500 pieces worldwide only. Please refer to the pictures below.

For both swoop packaging, it is using the blue metallic colour swoop packaging.

The postage is fixed at USD25 for each set, I will combine shipping if there is more than 1

Please take noted that we will not order any extra pieces. The quantities ordered will only based on what have pre-ordered.

All items will be sold on a first come first serve basis.

Meanwhile we are pleased to introduce you our new online shop The Toy Valley in order to serve you better. You're welcome to join our yahoo group or subscribe to our newsletter for more upcoming transformer release information. For more details, please visit us @ The Toy Valley

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    KO toys has had them for a few days now and for a bit cheaper.

3. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looking good, but far too expensive.

4. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    My goodness!

And now there are KOs for Diaclone Swoops! (Sigh!) :confused2 

5. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    who buys this stuff?? lol. Kind of takes the passion out of collecting if you ask me.

6. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    i would maybe buy them if there was not legions of fans documenting that all the KO dinobots are crap

7. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Well, now I can match my WST Dinobot Swoop.

8. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WOW!, I would love to buy all of them. these are so awsome looking, I love all g1 ko. the prices are steep at the moment, but damn these look so cool. I might get these later on after getting all my other g1 ko first. I know these will sell very well. I might get them cheaper on ioffer.com. now we need a completely gold grimlock. hell make all of the g1 dinobots in gold. i would love a set of g1 dinobots all completely in gold. very cool looking. if you ask me, these g1 ko is what brought me into collecting again. it gave me a chance to get the g1 tf that i otherwise would not have been able to buy at completely crazy prices. thanks so much ko companies to fill the things that hasbro/ takara didnt want to give us g1 fans. now just give us fort max, computron, g1 triple changers, and come on my favorite dream tf g1 JETFIRE!

9. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    There are KO's for just about everything it seems. There is a market for it.

The folks that don't want to pay a premium for the originals, or the folks that want to pass them off as originals for resale. Or even worse, the folks that are duped into thinking these are originals and pay a premium for them.

Either way, there is a market for it. Not one that I'm into, but it's out there. It's unfortunate the KO market has such a negative impact on the vintage market.

10. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    oh crap! limited to 500 pieces, this could be the next fp snowman set?

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The temptation is strong with this one. I really like the box art with the blue chest. Damn you KO makers. Damn you.

12. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Ha! I did! I have been trying to find another blue chest swoop somewhere (of so so quality) to re-imprison in my custom diaclone boxes. I wanted to make a G1 blue chest swoop box anyway, they just made it really really easy, and cheap! Good day today.

13. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

no KO for me, thanks.

14. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Maybe later.

15. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well Blue, I seen you buy original G1 stuff. You could get a KO Star Saber, but I bet you have an OG one in the collection as well.

I buy KO's to customize, but to dress it up like that in a box and knowing the quality the price is just outrageous.
    I’m just saying that if I want a blue diaclone swoop this KO could never satisfy me.

I’m not knocking KO’s in general; just something like a Blue Swoop in a G1 Box is ridiculous to me. KO makers really try hard to attack every fans wish.
    I also don’t think it brings down originals value in any way. In fact, I think they increase, because finding the original become harder to track down.
    The people who buy KO’s to supplement the original one in there collection were never gonna spend the money on it in the first place. So I guess I can understand that.

KO toys are cool, especially when a release like wonderfest Black Prime gets KO’ed. It’s a newer toy that really shouldn’t have such a high price. But when 25 year old toys are being KO’ed I never understood the fandoms reaction.

For instance, I want a G1 Metroplex. Why do I want it in the first place, is it because it’s a amazing toy? No..Is it a personal favorite? Yea maybe, but its much more then that, Its something I have a connection with from 25 years ago. Something I loved from my childhood. I want one from then, not a new mold, not a KO. I want one in US box that I stared at for hours in the toy store. KO’s can never capture that “connection” I had from back then. So for the most part I guess it depends on the collector. I’m the type that wants the vintage stuff cause we shared that time together. I have the entire TFC Collection and I still want the originals.

Shit some of the blockiest toys came from that era, it’s not the amazing design that draws me. It’s the whole 80’s box, vintage feel of the plastic.
    Even if a KO was made with superior plastic, I would still search out a original MIB/MISB for me.

But that’s just me, it dose look cool.

16. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Yeah it's just different things excite different people. For instance I have owned a mint perfect MISB Devastator, then sold it when times were tight. Replacing it now for 5 times what I sold it for would take the joy out of it for me. So the intention for me was to build a box myself. However when I started this idea the KO set came out, good enough for me. Now all my giftset KO boxes have vintage toys in them, so in that regard I still have some joy with them. The blue swoop though is not economical so the KO works fine fo me I am not imprisoning my original diaclone.

I also see it like my friend does, with 4 kids and a mortgage he will never own the vintage one. Even if he made awesome money he says he could never justify the purchase. So he buys stuff like this because the original blue swoop is mega bucks.

To me it about the display in my man cave, non vintage or homemade boxes don't bother me, the fun of making them is way cooler. However I will always take a vintage item first, as long as the pain of buying them doesn't outweigh the joy of owning them.

17. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    now THIS is tempting, only KO's that could get me to bite is this and blue bluestreak (STILL WAITING GUYS!!!! I WOULD BUY 3 IF YOU DID IT)

18. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    I still think ko and encore reissues brought down alot of the g1 prices. I remember seeing real g1 dinobots, omega supreme, sky lynx etc with the prices dropping like crazy when the ko and takara encores came out. That what I believe, so im not trying to have an arguement or prove anything here.

19. Nyarlahotep

Nyarlahotep Radicon Scourge

Ebay:
    They are releasing a crystal convoy plus a wonderfest henkei nemesis prime so I'm all about paying a fraction of the cost for those two.

20. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they came down so much why would the price of the KO be so high?
    Let's see how much you'll have to pay for a misb g1 swoop. It's not cheep at all, and people who are looking for one would not settle for a KO. But I understand no. All collectors need vintage stuff, for them these KO's work.

But if Tamara encored the dinobots these kos would dry up pretty fast.